The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FUN with Ricoh GR!!!

biglouis

Or like Sean Read writes, something to the effect that "I don't understand why every serious photographer is not shooting with one of these." I still can't get over what a marvel it is.

Ming doesn't mention the CCD sensor, which I think has a lot to do with it. Not many of those left today, but our little GRs are in good company, with the M9 and Monochrom.

John
I know what you mean. Especially those interminable GAS threads where people ask for a small camera they can travel with. Just buy a GR!

Even though it is a fixed focal length lens - ever heard of cropping? This is the only camera I own which is as sharp at the 100% crop level as my DP2 and DP3M.

A colleague asked me today how I managed to capture the picture above (of Camden Town). Simple. The camera is attached to my wrist as I walk home from the station. I see the shot. Lift up and framed. Taken. No one looking suspiciously as I heft a 2Kg black gorilla up to my eye - and the resulting frame could easily be printed up to 30inches wide.

I never would have captured the photo below without a GR in my pocket. An old shop sign redolent of the large Jewish community that existed in London's Whitechapel area until after the second world war. It is already confirmed as appearing in a magazine in the near future.

303 Whitchapel Road

momo

Or like Sean Read writes, something to the effect that "I don't understand why every serious photographer is not shooting with one of these." I still can't get over what a marvel it is.

Ming doesn't mention the CCD sensor, which I think has a lot to do with it. Not many of those left today, but our little GRs are in good company, with the M9 and Monochrom.

John
for the record it's a cmos sensor, not that it matters one way or other, image quality is just great...i feel the same as Ming about this little camera...

140502_cafe.man_003826
by Morris Taub Design, on Flickr