The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FUN with Ricoh GR!!!

Thorkil

Love to hear why you just have to get it? :toocool:

If your reasons make sense - - - - I'll get it too :wtf:

Keith
Hi Keith
ha-ha...Perhaps then I will dissapoint you..
You know the GR has been my one and only camera for a long time now, 2 years I think. I have considered many other cameras, the A7/S/II, a D610, E-M5II, and lately that wonderfull Leica Q (but Ming Thein consider the GR at perhaps allmost the same level). But I have hesitated, and strangely I feel good about this.
I am slowly beginning to learn the GR :)p)..(and it creates perhaps just as good a mental camera-feeling as the M6 and the Hassy SWC did to me)..and while it has been my trusty and truly compagnion, and satiesfied most of my needs, I sort of just have to buy the new one, even if the updates might be minor. But if they just are inferior, the changes, even then I will feel satiesfied buying the II-one.
So..no it doesn't make sense..but its just a "smiling-decision"..and after all this does make a bit sense in my head :rolleyes:
thorkil

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Thorkil

That comes down on the "makes sense" side, so I'll buy one.

I'm going to dig out my GXR kit again, just to remember what life was like on the old days.

Given the stuff you are doing with you GR I think you need a fix with film - open up the closet darkroom again. Try the Lomo LCA-120 - it's like a GR on steroids. :watch: The shutter makes the Sony A7R sound like a whisper in the night.

All the best

Keith

J

JohnW

A love-buy. What better rationale is there? I'm softening to the possibility myself.

Hi Keith
ha-ha...Perhaps then I will dissapoint you..
You know the GR has been my one and only camera for a long time now, 2 years I think. I have considered many other cameras, the A7/S/II, a D610, E-M5II, and lately that wonderfull Leica Q (but Ming Thein consider the GR at perhaps allmost the same level). But I have hesitated, and strangely I feel good about this.
I am slowly beginning to learn the GR :)p)..(and it creates perhaps just as good a mental camera-feeling as the M6 and the Hassy SWC did to me)..and while it has been my trusty and truly compagnion, and satiesfied most of my needs, I sort of just have to buy the new one, even if the updates might be minor. But if they just are inferior, the changes, even then I will feel satiesfied buying the II-one.
So..no it doesn't make sense..but its just a "smiling-decision"..and after all this does make a bit sense in my head :rolleyes:
thorkil

Last edited:

Thorkil

Thorkil

That comes down on the "makes sense" side, so I'll buy one.

I'm going to dig out my GXR kit again, just to remember what life was like on the old days.

Given the stuff you are doing with you GR I think you need a fix with film - open up the closet darkroom again. Try the Lomo LCA-120 - it's like a GR on steroids. :watch: The shutter makes the Sony A7R sound like a whisper in the night.

All the best

Keith
Keith, thank you for encouraging!
The Lomo looks affordable... And I can understand that if the camera don't do it, the shuttersound will create alarming attention :bugeyes:
New projects are becoming more "realistic" by age. But on the other side its the small projects that are keeping us alive :shocked:. So we(/I..) shall be better picking up the small challenges laying there in front of us (I'm just speaking to myself...)
So back to closet-darkroom-project...yes that would be wonderfull!, but the demand for clearing the basement, chemicals, enlarger and filmscanner:lecture:...hhmmm..but perhaps dusting off my SWC or M6 and load it with some of the old Velvia 50 films still in the bag could be a realistic shortcut, and get a pal to redeem a debt of 100 scans for a Imacon Flextight...
but meanwhile we have to remember to entertain each other here with both the old and new GR's...
Yes, I was just glancing shortly at the GXR Saturday while leaving for Italy, its very good to, and specially the zoom...but I didn't grab it on the way out..
all the best
Thorkil

Thorkil

You are having a great party over there in Russia, Kameleo :)
The Lego inventor hasn't lived in vain, Maggie :chug:

A sheppards parkplace by Lago di Garda, Italy

thorkil