The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FUN with Ricoh GR!!!

J

JohnW

Thanks... these are actually crops that are between 150~300 pixels out of the full image then blown up and processed. Just experimenting!
Works very well for me. Have you tried printing them? If so, at what size?

John

craygc

Works very well for me. Have you tried printing them? If so, at what size?

John
Hi John, I haven't tried printing yet. Only recently started this experiment and Im far away from my printer. However, I would agree that printing is really going to be the test as to how well these work. The original small crops have been res'ed up to 3000 dpi a side. The initial twisting of the image (using its original 150~300 dpi crop) is SEFx using a "Film Noir" or "Pinhole" filter - with no grain. Then res'ed up to 3000 dpi in CS and fed into DxO Labs Filmpack using Delta 3200 tonality and Kodak HIE Filtered (HSI) grain set at 200%. Basically cookie cutting at the moment...

This came about by looking at what you can actually see in images when you really expand them. There were often interesting people in the background that had no voice in the image so I started this as a way to pull them out to the front.

J

JohnW

Hi John, I haven't tried printing yet. Only recently started this experiment and Im far away from my printer. However, I would agree that printing is really going to be the test as to how well these work. The original small crops have been res'ed up to 3000 dpi a side. The initial twisting of the image (using its original 150~300 dpi crop) is SEFx using a "Film Noir" or "Pinhole" filter - with no grain. Then res'ed up to 3000 dpi in CS and fed into DxO Labs Filmpack using Delta 3200 tonality and Kodak HIE Filtered (HSI) grain set at 200%. Basically cookie cutting at the moment...

This came about by looking at what you can actually see in images when you really expand them. There were often interesting people in the background that had no voice in the image so I started this as a way to pull them out to the front.
Let us know how the printing phase of the experiment goes. I feel you're onto something and hope it works.

The Art Institute here in Chicago has some large Moriyama prints that look about like your screen versions. I mean grain-wise. Of course, there's nothing that says yours must be printed large. Small framed images have their own charm. I think yours show the beginning of an engaging series.

John

J

JohnW

I'm considering embracing color in 2016. That would be a big step for me, after years of B&W. Still not sure about it, but I'm definitely drawn there.

John

Thorkil

..Picking up Christmas tree at Frederiksdal castle

A gift from King Christian the sixth to his foreign Minister Schulin who let this build by the architecht Nikolai Eigtved in 1745. The family have been living there for 8 generations now, but the Lady, now above 80, didn’t get any children. So now her deceased husband's brother's grandson is living there for 2 years (to save inheritance tax) before he take over

Her (in picture..not the Lady from the Castle) husband got his arm almost torn off when the saw blocked in a big tree, but they put it well back at him at the hospital. His body is worn out after a long life in the wood. Now he is working with children. He and Henrik was the only all-year employee working in the wood at Frederiksdal. Now there is only Henrik left in the wood.

Henrik is 50 years old. He has been working in the woods since he was 15, and the last 15 years at Frederiksdal. He and his wife moved from an apartment to the most romantic old timbered house at the Mölleäen river nearby the castle. A place and house where you can't stop thinking “should one ever wish in ones life to live…..” I consider Henrik to be a harmonic and happy person

thorkil

Last edited:

Tim

In response to Maggie O's Dr Who Lego scene, here is my youngest's "The Big Bang Theory" Lego scene.
Maggie's images have much better IQ.

Taken with a GR Digital IV in vivid mode, aperture priority, handheld using 2 sec self timer with bugger all light.
Jpg from camera, resized and zilch post process as I am too lazy.
Not all characters visible till I get permission to re-arrange.
First image made with the 21mm adapter on the GRD IV, the second are native lens.

No one is in Sheldon's "SPOT" :LOL:
Penny and Howard visible, with Amy in the background.

Chinese for dinner

Penny has a cup

A Big fork for Howard

Maggie O

Another set for my LEGO wishlist! Those are great!

In response to Maggie O's Dr Who Lego scene, here is my youngest's "The Big Bang Theory" Lego scene.
Maggie's images have much better IQ.

Taken with a GR Digital IV in vivid mode, aperture priority, handheld using 2 sec self timer with bugger all light.
Jpg from camera, resized and zilch post process as I am too lazy.
Not all characters visible till I get permission to re-arrange.
First image made with the 21mm adapter on the GRD IV, the second are native lens.

No one is in Sheldon's "SPOT" :LOL:
Penny and Howard visible, with Amy in the background.

Chinese for dinner

Penny has a cup

A Big fork for Howard
- - - Updated - - -

In honor of the 19” Sylvania B&W television on which I watched all the Jon Pertwee episodes of “Doctor Who.”

The Doctor and Clara In The TARDIS, December 22, 2015 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr