The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LCD protector for Sigma DP Merrills???

Rand47

Any recommendations from the Merrill folk on a good quality, good fitting LCD protective cover? Do any of the GGS protectors fit properly?

Thanks in advance for insight & recommendations.

Rand

Tim

I was going to post asking much the same thing, more specifically asking if anyone has the Giottos 3" (66mm x 49.3mm) LCD protector installed and if this is a good fit?

I've googled for this but there does not seem to be a clear answer.

biglouis

Personally, I bought several protectors and for some weird reason the kept on coming off my DP2M.

I've never experienced this in 10 years of buying protectors so I figured (perhaps?) there is something about the design or the finish on the LCD screen? Anyhoo, in the end I bought one of these, which I've found is excellent. So good, I've ordered another for the DP3M I bought yesterday. I have no connection with the seller, btw.

ACMAXX 3.0" HARD LCD SCREEN ARMOR PROTECTOR SIGMA DP2 Merrill DP2M DP-2M DP2-M | eBay

Rand47

Personally, I bought several protectors and for some weird reason the kept on coming off my DP2M.

I've never experienced this in 10 years of buying protectors so I figured (perhaps?) there is something about the design or the finish on the LCD screen? Anyhoo, in the end I bought one of these, which I've found is excellent. So good, I've ordered another for the DP3M I bought yesterday. I have no connection with the seller, btw.

ACMAXX 3.0" HARD LCD SCREEN ARMOR PROTECTOR SIGMA DP2 Merrill DP2M DP-2M DP2-M | eBay
Louis,

Thanks for sharing this! As luck would have it (good in this case), I ordered two of these the other day and am grateful for the good report on them.

Rand

I ordered a flip bac mirror that fits over the lcd when not in use and protects it like a lens cover, but when opened works to hold the camera below or above like a tilt screen. Once it came off when I dropped the camera, but protected the camera, and I just stuck it back on--and it is still there months later.

Rand47

Louis,

Thanks for sharing this! As luck would have it (good in this case), I ordered two of these the other day and am grateful for the good report on them.

Rand
The LCD protectors arrived today. You're right, great fit, easy install & really nice clarity. Thanks again for the confirmation.

Rand