The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DP1M regrets

NigelC

I added the DP3M to my DP2M recently and am pleased with the results and how useful the two are in tandem. As I can get a second £200 cashback I am wondering whether to get the DP1M as well but hesitating over; a) how often I use 28mm and; b) whether the IQ is on a similar level (this deal would involve selling the Zeiss 28 as well as the 35).

Anyone else with either DP2 or 3Ms or both who has bought the DP1M and been disappointed with IQ compared to what they used for that focal length previously?

(The Zeiss 28 is very good but not at the level of the 21 and of course involves attaching it to a Canon FF body at about 3 times the weight)

Good question Nigel.
I'll be interested in the responses to your question as well. My recollection from posts I've read is that the DP1M needs to be stopped down between 5.6 and 8 before the edges clean up. Not a problem for landscapes. I love my DP2M but often need a wider perspective so I'm also considering the DP1M.
Lawrence

NigelC

Good question Nigel.
I'll be interested in the responses to your question as well. My recollection from posts I've read is that the DP1M needs to be stopped down between 5.6 and 8 before the edges clean up. Not a problem for landscapes. I love my DP2M but often need a wider perspective so I'm also considering the DP1M.
Lawrence

Ah Bodega Bay - been there twice, once by road, the other time (well several times actually courtesy of A Hitchcock)

Sapphie

Funny. I have started with the DP2M and wanted something wider so just bought the DP1M and am wondering if I should take advantage of the cashback scheme and go for the '3M' too! I would love to be able to help you but since the '1M' arrived our weather has been awful and with work getting in the way, no time to tell yet ... but I am quietly optimistic :)

Don't forget that wide angles can tax the best of lens makers generally ...

My worry about the '3M' is that I wouldn't be able to hold it steady enough nor really see the LCD well enough ...

Lee

peterb

Next to the Dp2M and Dp3M maybe the Dp1M isn't quite as sharp but how do images from the Dp1M stack up against other cameras and their wide angle lenses?

From what I saw on Imaging Resource (which raved about the camera) the sure weren't shabby.