The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

hello from newbie and question about DP2m

foveon

Hi, newbie from Austria introduces himself: I am 60 years old and run a small photoshop here at the (very) countryside near the point where Austria, Hungary and Slovenia meet.

Mainly I shoot Nikon, beside this for fun MF 6x6 to 6x8 and LF 13x18 up to 30x40 (in cm).

Beside this I use and love a DP2m for nearly a year, before I have had a DP2m for some years.

My issue with the DP2`s is that I cannot find out how to set it that it displays the image on the LCD in relation to the settings I make in manual mode. All other compact cameras I have seen display according to time and/or aperture and show eg a zebra or other warning, on my DP2`s I can change time or aperture without the displayed image getting brighter or darker.

So is this my fault, malfunction of the bodies or is it just impossible with this cameras?

Tanks and kind regards

Martin

adsf

You mean you dont see a preview of your selected settings in liveview? The liveview always stays "properly" exposed even if you set something really dumb?

Good question. I also dont know. Seems like the Sigma cameras dont have that actual liveview that does use the settings you choose in M-Mode...

pflower

I hadn't actually noted this before. You can display a histogram in A and S modes and as you adjust exposure both the histogram and the display on the screen changes to reflect the adjustment.

However in manual mode the display doesn't change as you adjust exposure and there is no live histogram available. This seems a curious omission - presumably the technology is built in and there would be no problem in implementing it in manual mode. Arguably both live view and a live histogram would be more useful in manual mode than in A or S mode. I cannot imagine why it has been omitted.

You mean you dont see a preview of your selected settings in liveview? The liveview always stays "properly" exposed even if you set something really dumb?

Good question. I also dont know. Seems like the Sigma cameras dont have that actual liveview that does use the settings you choose in M-Mode...