The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Two 40+MP Small sensor cameras

scho

This is a casual comparison of the image quality from the DP1M with the Nokia 808 Pureview cellphone camera. The DP1M image was shot 1 year ago and the same scene was shot two days ago with the Nokia 808. The latter image was captured using CameraPro app in the phone camera at 41.8 MP and then downsized in LR5. I guess the point is that you can have a small cellphone camera in your pocket that can deliver exceptional image quality that is in most respects as good as the DPxM foveon output.

DP1M

Nokia 808

Last edited:
V

Vivek

I did but it isn't too exciting (the phone photo over the DP1M) for me. Thanks for your thoughts, Carl. :)

scho

Sorry for the bad link above. I edited the Nokia file (boosted shadows a bit) and lost the link.

Nokia 808

mazor

from initial viewing, the DP1m shot has no where the processing love the Nokia 808 has been given. The DP1m looks quite pale in comparison to the 808.

mazor

Vivek to a degree cellphones have replaced p&s cams. Even now, I tend to reach out more for my 808 than even my Sony Nex 5n when I capture landscape shots. It just has that much more detail when capturing at full resolution. It does not mean the Nex 5n is defunc. I still use it for mid tele, and zoom. Having the 808 is like having a second camera body with a built in wide angle lens.