The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The beautiful Island of Eigg

vieri

Eigg is a tiny island out of the Scottish Inner Hebrides, on Scotland's west coast; its population amounts to a whopping 83 people in winter, and slightly more in summer when a few tourists add to the locals. Cars are not allowed on the island (except for the residents', of course) not to clog the single road connecting the settlement of Galmisdale in the south, where the ferry moors, to the main village of Cleadale in the north. There is one small market and a pub in Galmisdale, while accommodation is provided by a few B&Bs in Cleadale which, if so you wish, will provide you with delicious home-cooked evening meals as well. Walking on Eigg's coasts and bays and exploring its wild beauty is a truly unique experience, and I feel really privileged to have had the chance to visit and photograph it: I can't wait to go back, and I hope this will happen sooner than later. Some picture from Eigg for you:

All the images above have been shot with the SD1 Merrill and the 10-20mm f/4-5.6. The rest of the pics are on my EIGG'S IMPRESSIONS gallery. Best,

Vieri

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hi Vieri,

Wonderful shots of a wonderful island.

I wonder if you met an old friend of mine, Eddie Scott, who is head honcho of the self sufficient power schemes on Eigg (hydro, solar and wind), and with who I stayed for a few days in 2011. He's a bluebell expert and also plays the spoons!

Hope you don't mind if I show this postprandial pic taken with LX3.

Cheers,

Gandolfi