The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

This brings the total Hassy Lunar sales to 2.

robertwright

It should really be no surprise, the amount of (non-photographer) silly money out there is really the only growing side of camera sales. It is the same with super cars- they can't make enough. The tale of the 1%.

Unfortunately it does not speak to the health of the other 99%....

D&A

Doesn't the sale of these two means it qualifies for a "Fun with Hassy Lunar Images" thread? :ROTFL:

Dave (D&A)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Oh no, quick, hide this thread from Jorgen :p :ROTFL:
Too late, too late :ROTFL:

But this makes perfect sense:
Two old Sony cameras, somewhat bent out of shape, $500
Two pieces of wood, $54,000
Total, $54,500

With global warming and all that, wood has become very expensive. Very appropriate also that these cameras were sold at a second hand car show, being such ancient technology :lecture:

Mike Z

It was and auction to raise money for a spina bifida foundation.
what's the problem?
It's not a silly use of money.
It was not the cameras it was the cause.

jonoslack

what's the problem?
HI Mike
I think it's great - not a problem at all (at least I don't think so) - we all like good causes.

however, it is quite funny :)

jonoslack

This brings the worldwide total number of Hasselblad Lunar camera sales to 2.
I have a sneaking suspicion that in some circles these cameras are selling like hot cakes (although probably not this circle - who would dare start the "Fun with the Hassy Lunar" thread?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
what's the problem?
Of course it's not a problem, and if it had been a 1964 Kodak Instamatic, it would probably have sold for the same price. I guess Hasselblad saw this as a marketing opportunity, and who could blame them? If there is a target group for the Lunar, this must be it.

Jono,
I doubt that they sell like hotcakes anywhere. I know some who sell expensive cameras to people with far too much money, and they won't touch the Lunar with a stick. Rare, old Leica lenses on the other hand, lenses that add several new dimensions to "fondling", sell for prices that make the Hasselblad look like the bargain of the year. I don't know if they ever take photos with those lenses, but that probably goes for the $27k Lunar as well.