The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fitting a Loupe to a DPM

I decided to buy a Hoodman Loupe for my DPM cameras and to fix it using a RedRock system.

HoodLoupe 3.0 (PATENT US 7,386,229 B2 and 7,034,877)-Hoodman Corporation

Redrock Micro - microFinder loupe accessory kit

The initial problem was that the RedRock system is designed for DSLR cameras with thicker bodies than the DPM. To attach the connector one needs access to the tripod socket and that was partly hidden.

I took the Redrock connector to a local metal workshop and they extended the hole into a groove.

Now the Loupe can be fitted to the camera.

This is the view from underneath. I have locked the plate on using part of a quick release unit I have had for years. I have no idea what make it is - sorry. But there must be lots of similar small bits of kit around and the advantage is that I can still put my DPM on a tripod.

It works - and it looks much more professional than those bits of rubber that are offered as an alternative.

RedRock have seen what I did. At the moment they have no plans to market a different base unit - but I can assure you that it takes less than a minute to make the alteration if you have the right tools.

Tony