The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

First real review of the DPQ2

The Ute

Ute - you must explain! Can you post a link?
EDITED: after a bit of searching the web found this:
Working EVF for all cams from Sigma DP Series: Sigma Camera Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

A dream come true!

Tim, I totally agree about the A7. I bought a DP2M and then shortly afterwards I bought a Sony RX1. It was obvious to me from day one that although the DP2M outresolved the RX1 the actually 'look' of the RX1 images was superior. Because of the quality of the RX1 look I then invested in the A7. I actually hope that the next version of the A7 is one with the OLP removed like the RX1R. However, when it comes to printing - the DP2M is the one which can easily go to 30x20 without any fuss.

Printing is key. I bet the DP2Q will still print extraordinary detail at large sizes.

LouisB

Louis-

After many tedious hours I was finally able to order that EVF for the Merrill's.

I hope the effort was worth it.

I am excited bout the possibility of ditching my Hoodman and slimming down
my Merrill again.

darr

Louis-

After many tedious hours I was finally able to order that EVF for the Merrill's.

I hope the effort was worth it.

I am excited bout the possibility of ditching my Hoodman and slimming down
my Merrill again.
Keep us posted!! Anxiously waiting with fingers crossed! :thumbs:

The Ute

I just tried that link.

It did not seem to work.

If not just go to Xitek.com and search for Sigma viewfinders.

You'll see it there. 650 Yuan + shipping.

The Ute

What I see is the resolution 320x240?
I think it can be modified to produce more.

I'm just going to give it a try.

I'm pretty tired of the Hoodman so as long as it is an improvement over that
or just the optical VF I'm fine with it.

Nothing ventured nothing gained.

;)

Hi,
I've been clicking all over those sites trying to figure out how to buy the EVF for my Sigmas. Tried using Google translate etc but it seems like such a long shot to figure out.
If anyone does come up with a way, please let me know.
I'd love to have one.
Thanks!
Robert

The Ute

Hi,
I've been clicking all over those sites trying to figure out how to buy the EVF for my Sigmas. Tried using Google translate etc but it seems like such a long shot to figure out.
If anyone does come up with a way, please let me know.
I'd love to have one.
Thanks!
Robert
That is all I did. I just kept working at it.

I finally got lucky I guess.

I'll believe it when I see the unit show up at my door.

rjp85

I read somewhere that this started out as a low-resolution viewfinder just as a test-run, to see if people were actually interested in buying it (I think it's clear that lots of people want this thing).

They will eventually make an HD version, and hopefully it will be easily accessible to all of us all over the world.

Tim

For those that think their DP2M is not as useful because of colour accuracy issues, don't forget IMO the DP2M makes one of the best B/W cameras this side of a Leica Monochrom.

It can do good BW up to about 4000 ISO as Peter points out in this thread - http://www.getdpi.com/forum/other-cameras/46298-foveon-sensor-better-high-iso-than-i-thought.html

I have ISO800 8x10 prints that in BW looks very clean and noise free.
The only issue I've had with the conversion method is with SPP v5.3.3 If I knock the Luminance to the far left it often crashes, so I often go one to the left.

Peter's thread really should be a sticky at the top somewhere.

UHDR

whats interesting is that, when DPQ series was anouced, sigma also slipped in the news of feveon factory being sold to another company. even up until now, there has been no mention of it. so...... interesting time ahead. for now... i will pick up a cheap SD1m with UWA to gow ith my dp2m and dp3m.

foveon

...They will eventually make an HD version...
What they make is one thing, another is what resolution you get from the USB/AV port out of the DP. DP has as screen resolution about 900 000 pixel, divide by 3, so resolution maybe be like 640x480, the same with its video size.
So I think the USB/AV output will be 640x480.
I were more interested in a "WLF style" display and working live view.