The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DP Merrill accessories

The Ute

I simply use the 2 sec drive mode. I did not know these were even made. :)
Our problem is that we would not be able to use them w our EVF's since they occupy the hot shoe.

I'd rather use the timer and keep the EVF on the camera.

;)

Granto

Nice thread and lots of info on these fine cameras. I too am a new DPM user. The accessories I have for my DP2M and DP1M are:
1. Original Sigma Hoods - when I need to use filters, I just take them out
2. Lee Seven5 system filters. I had these already and just bought the adapters to fit the DP1M and DP2M
3. Franiec grip on the DP2M. I have not yet decided if I need one on the DP1M since most of the time I use a tripod.
4. Instead of the Sigma VF's, I opted to get a Carry Speed VF-4
5. Batteries. I have the original sigmas and some no-brand substitutes. So far the subs give out the same number of shots as the originals.
6. I also got myself a USB charger and an Anker Astro 3 12,000mah power pack. I use this when I am out the whole day, say from sunrise to sunset. Whenever a battery runs out of juice, I replace it with a fresh one and put the used battery on the USB charger w/c is connected to the power pack. The Anker can charge 3 USB devices at a time so while I am shooting, my used batteries are charging away in the bag for later use. This is just for insurance so I don't run out in the field.
7. I also use the eye-fi mobi sometimes to transmit the jpegs to my iPad mini when I need to see the composition in a bigger screen than the camera's LCD. I can normally take about 30-40 shots on a full charge with the eye-fi card on.

G43

Time is coming that I can pick up my DPM 1, 2 and 3. Happens next week :)

I wish to do landscapes anong others with the cameras by stitching and would appreciate if any have a suggestion for a good pano head.

Thanks in forhand.

G43

Haha.. Foveon.
In that case perhaps no ;-)

I received a friends file of a DP1M 7 pic stitch. Doiiing! WOW.

G43

Could be... you think the vertical height is enough? I am foremost thinking of achieving a suitable foreground.

Adam L

I use the JLM grip too and like the build quality. The only other piece of gear I have that hasn't been mentioned above is the Gordy strap gordy's camera straps

My SPP is limited to setting the clipping points and leaving the rest of the settings at 0. I mostly use the neutral color setting. Save 16bit TIFF and do the rest in LR.

I stitch without a nodal slide and use PS on auto. It does an okay job but there are noticeable flaws in many of my pics. I have a cheapish tripod and hate it - something called Benro.

At the end of the day I'm the weak link in my system.

The Ute

Time is coming that I can pick up my DPM 1, 2 and 3. Happens next week :)

I wish to do landscapes anong others with the cameras by stitching and would appreciate if any have a suggestion for a good pano head.

Thanks in forhand.
Gigapan epic