The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP2 Quattro Shots

The Ute

Works fine The Ute

Quite a difference between the rendering of colors.

Q shows green as grey, Forrest.
M shows blue as green, Lake.

Q has higher resolution.
M shows better 3D pop.

Anyways... there seems to be a time displacement between shots since the light is different between the shots.

I never until now considered the price of the Q an object of concern. Many of you brought the matter forward here in the beginning. *Not worth the upgrade for the buck*.
This seems correct in my eyes, but there are other things that matters: Speed.

How do you like the rendering of the Q?
The Q was set to Vivid and the M to Standard.

That might account for some of the differences.

That said, I do think the Q renders color a little more accurately but I can take care of most of what I want in PP.

I agree w your general assessment that the M renders better better micro detail and contrast.

It gives that "3d" look.

The Q is an excellent camera though and new users won't be disappointed.

I liked it's handling and usability better.

I am thinking I'll check out the DP1Q when it arrives.

G43

Nice to hear you like the Q.

No doubt the 1Q will satisfy a lot of landscape photographers. The resolution alone counts a lot.

biglouis

Ute

Thanks for posting these. Great photographs. And lovely examples to play around with.

I feel my resistance to the DP1Q crumbling...

LouisB

Maxpace

Thanks Hulyss and G43, coming from you guys, it's quite a compliment.

Hulyss, I had really liked your review of DP3 on LL, my decision to purchase it was based upon your review, and the many excellent photos I saw from Quentin, Ute, ustein and the others here.

G43

My Merrills arrived today. Unfortunately in Denmark...as planned. Will not be able to pick them up until September where I'll go and have a 2-3 photo days in Copenhagen and Aarhus.

foveon

My Merrills arrived today. Unfortunately in Denmark...as planned. Will not be able to pick them up until September where I'll go and have a 2-3 photo days in Copenhagen and Aarhus.
Au weia, ( lokal dialect for: sorry to hear that )

G43

Au weia, ( lokal dialect for: sorry to hear that )
Here people just say *ouuuu* :ROTFL:

It's OK waiting a bit for the DPMs. Always nice to have something looking forward to.

On Monday the replacement of my Fuji 12MP Bayer camera arrives (here though!).
Clunky Sony A7S + FE35 and FE55.

Quentin_Bargate

Trying out Lee Filters on the Quattro today. The follwoing shot used a .9 ND grad. amd some X3 Fill

Which I then tried printing on an Epson 7900 at 24" x 36", 300ppiafter resizing 200%, 300ppi, using Photozoom Pro

The result shows excellent fine detail (print snapshot taken with a Sony RX100 II) comparable to MF digital..

Quentin, I got a DP2 Quattro on the "try before you buy" offer and discovered that it had some issues with my ND filters. I use the Schneider Platinum IRND filters. On occasion, I got some red cast in the center of the frame. When I tried to use two stacked filters the whole frame went red in a radial manner from the center.

I enjoyed the camera and came away with some images that have potential. I am impressed with the detail. However, I am having a very difficult time processing images from ProPhoto that look right. I can't even seem to a basic conversion to TIFF for further processing in LightRoom (my normal tool) that look right. It is really frustrating.

The Ute

There's a new version of SPP and firmware coming very soon.

It's supposed to help the image quality.

G43

SONY A7S

very nice body,
it would be perfect with a FF Merrillchip inside
That would be some Hell of a sensor producing BIG files.Wonder if I would have the shooting discipline to possess such a mini monster :)

IBIS RULES BUT ONLY AT OLYMPUS :)

Quentin_Bargate

I hope Sigma move to full frame with either chip. The Quattro chip could herald a move in that direction given the reduced data. FF is ultimately the way to go.

Mark, not seen an issue with my Lee 75 ND filters on the Quattro as yet, but will keep an eye out for any.