The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP2 Quattro Shots

G43

Wow Quentin ... this engine room is more clean than the local Hospital in town where I live ;-)
If there was one spill of oil, dust or any fingerprints on that motor, the DP2Q would have shown.
I assume you had the latest FW uploaded as well as the latest SSP in use, then I see far more pop than earlier images showed.

Quentin_Bargate

Good question, Louis. Might be a patented flatulence disperser, given the volume of Champagne, lobster and other rich foods on offer... Just a theory :D

Last edited:

biglouis

^^^ BTW, detail shots are where the DPxx excels imho. ^^^

I finally got to play with DP2Q last week in Park Cameras.

Ergonomically, I am just not impressed. I did like the fact that it was a lot faster, the screen appears to be clearer and the inbuilt level is something which I think is mandatory on all digital cameras, so well done to Sigma for doing this. But I just don't think I want to give up my DP2M or have both.

That said I will probably buy the DP1Q as I do not have the DP1M. I think I actually need to own one of the models just to decide if my prejudices are right or not!

LouisB

scho

A few shots with the DP2Q taken recently on a trip to Greece.

Cats waiting for food at a citrus plantation on Chios.

Etched designs (Xysta) on the buildings in Pyrgi.

One of about 20 monasteries on Athos.

View from Nea Moni on Chios to sea

Ancient village of Mesta on Chios

Last edited:

The Ute

Scho-

Finally decided to get a Gigapan unit (used). It comes w/o software.

Want to sell me a copy of your Gigapan stitch (strictly for my personal use) ?

By the way, did you use the very latest version of SPP to process those photos ?

scho

Scho-

Finally decided to get a Gigapan unit (used). It comes w/o software.

Want to sell me a copy of your Gigapan stitch (strictly for my personal use) ?

By the way, did you use the very latest version of SPP to process those photos ?
You are welcome to have the Gigapan Stitch for free. I don't use it because it is too slow and crash prone. I use AutoPano Pro 3.x from Kolor.
I used SPP 6.0.5, is that the latest?

The Ute

You are welcome to have the Gigapan Stitch for free. I don't use it because it is too slow and crash prone. I use AutoPano Pro 3.x from Kolor.
I used SPP 6.0.5, is that the latest?
Thanks so much. Very generous. Unfortunately I do not have a Mac platform.

No. 6.0.6 is out along with another Firmware update.

:)

scho

Thanks so much. Very generous. Unfortunately I do not have a Mac platform.

No. 6.0.6 is out along with another Firmware update.

:)
Thanks, I just updated both fw and spp. Here is another gloomy Athos shot taken on a rainy day boat trip around the peninsula. Click for lots of detail in the full size image,