The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Iridient Developer

G43

A friend of mine just got his first DPM.. a DP1M. It didn't take long before I heard him scream through a row of emails.. :eek:

He the tried to develop some shots with Iridient Developer then, of which I could compare his results with SPP. Iridient seems quite superior and shows no crashes at all.

An Alternative Process - Iridient Raw Developer 2.1

rjp85

Iridient is a piece of software that works the way it should, no doubt about that.

It seems SPP just doesn't like Mac OS. Sigma needs to fix this as soon as possible.

On my powerful Windows 7 Pro PC, which I've built myself, I have never had any lock-ups or crashes with SPP. I can have two versions of SPP open at the same time and process two files at the same time, with no problems at all.

G43

It sounds very good to me since I have a home brewed very powerful WIN 7 machine as well.
Funny... my friend there tried the SPP on his MacBook Pro. Crash crash.

Kofronj

Irident Developer is a very nice program—but won't do some of the sophisticated noise reduction/white balance calculations that SPP does (in SPP, these are tied together with the color deconvolution). For quality conversions, I'd say that SPP is generally the better piece of software.

Version 5 rarely (if ever) crashes on my iMac. You shouldn't go 'click-happy' when it's loading full res photos, but I rarely have issues with crashes. Don't put a thousand images in a single folder and expect it to behave well. And if you're chronically having problems AND you've had older versions installed, it doesn't hurt to trash the plist/preferences files for the software, found in the library folder...

Jim

G43

Irident Developer is a very nice program—but won't do some of the sophisticated noise reduction/white balance calculations that SPP does (in SPP, these are tied together with the color deconvolution). For quality conversions, I'd say that SPP is generally the better piece of software.

Version 5 rarely (if ever) crashes on my iMac. You shouldn't go 'click-happy' when it's loading full res photos, but I rarely have issues with crashes. Don't put a thousand images in a single folder and expect it to behave well. And if you're chronically having problems AND you've had older versions installed, it doesn't hurt to trash the plist/preferences files for the software, found in the library folder...

Jim
Thanks Jim

What are the required plist/preferences files good for if they may be trashed?

EDIT: I found out. Those files are for Mac only.

Last edited:

X3inca

Hi,

i just recognized that the program is available until end of the year with -20% discount. So, enough time to use the demo and try it.
IMHO it's also supporting Fuji X-Trans and other RAW-Cameras.

I'm not related to the company, just posting for other users that are searching for a replacement.

Bye