The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photo Mechanic reads Merrill files?!

Hi

I just tried out the 30day trial version of Photo Mechanic 5 and was surprised to see, that it can read the raw files of my Sigma Merrills.

Has anybody experience with Photo Mechanic? It seems that it can also edit images, export them, metadata, sorting functions etc. and export it to another image editing program.

If I click on the item for editing in another program, it opens without asking me SPP.

This is a nice surprise...

This is the link:

Home | Camera Bits, Inc.

Last edited:

scho

and are this really the raws or just the embedded jpegs?
I don't know. I've only opened raws in PM and then saved as tiff which come out as full size. How big are the embedded preview jpegs?

recruiter1962

It seems to work on the Raw. It's just a shame that it's so expensive. I cannot justify $150 for the convenience it offers.

foveon

shoot with saving option raw + jpeg, open both and compare, if they look the same in PM you see 2 jpegs.

darr

I use Lyn on my Mac to view X3F files. It costs $20 US and it will not process the X3F files, but you can quickly view your RAW files and decide what you want to process.

The Ute

I use Lyn on my Mac to view X3F files. It costs $20 US and it will not process the X3F files, but you can quickly view your RAW files and decide what you want to process.
"RawDigger" will do the same thing.

Might be cheaper.