The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SIGMA SD1 shots

darr

Light & Glass #1

SD1M + 70mm macro + 1/200 @ f/2.8

Light & Glass #2

SD1M + 70mm macro + 1/125 @ f/4

First shots of 2016. Happy New Year Everyone!

Malina DZ

Looks like the website is no longer supported/updated and most of the image samples are missing.
I'm aware of only Leitax offering Leica R lens conversion currently. SD1 owners seem to be quite content with native lens selection.

Hulyss Bowman

Looks like the website is no longer supported/updated and most of the image samples are missing.
I'm aware of only Leitax offering Leica R lens conversion currently. SD1 owners seem to be quite content with native lens selection.
Don't bother modificating your SD. just plug art lenses on it and you'll get the best results.

xpatUSA

That we are . . .

Shot with the humble 17-50mm f/2.8, not noted for it's quality . . .

scho

A few first walkabout shots with a new, user sd1m and the 17-50 lens. Working fine but a sensor stain/spot on the upper right. We are currently enjoying a January thaw and breathing fresh air and soaking up as much sunshine that we can get while it lasts. All raws developed in Kalpanika Wrapper and DNG files processed in Lightroom. I didn't see much evidence of color casts with this lens/sensor combination so didn't need to use the color correction script.

Stoneage

All raws developed in Kalpanika Wrapper and DNG files processed in Lightroom. I didn't see much evidence of color casts with this lens/sensor combination so didn't need to use the color correction script.
Very interesting. Thanks.
I just tested the Kal. Wrapper with some older SD1 images taken with the 8-16mm and 17-50mm lens and there is indeed no color cast.
Same time i think, these conversions lack a bit of the special "Merrill/SPP/3D" look. Textures are less pronounced. Not so good for landscapes but interesting for skin tones/portraits.
(similar to Iridient Developer actually)

Good to have options.

scho

Two more sd1M shots developed with Kalpanika Wrapper. These were taken with the 24-105 Art lens and did have color casts in the DNG files requiring correction with the Lightroom flat field plugin. Subject is an old caboose sitting on a piece of track behind our local marina.

Last edited:

scho

We have been setting all time record high temperatures for February this year and today was another record at 77 degrees F. I went to Buttermilk gorge, but the trail was still closed so just drove on up the hill to some barren fields for the second picture. SD1M + 17-50

Stoneage

Butterflies

SD1 - 120-300mm + 1.4x TC @ 420mm - 1/125 - f5.6 - ISO200

SD1 - 120-300mm + 1.4x TC @ 420mm - 1/200 - f5.6 - ISO200