The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma Software 5.5.3 Correct?

Hi,
I've only made a few photos with my DP2 and I've had to use the jpeg function because the Mac OS on my home computer was too far out of date. I'm now ready to shoot raw and will soon download the software. Is the 5.5.3 the latest and/or correct one?
I seem to remember folks here having less then praise for some versions and wanted to double check with more knowledgeable people before I proceed.

thanks for the help!!

Robert

The Ute

Hi,
I've only made a few photos with my DP2 and I've had to use the jpeg function because the Mac OS on my home computer was too far out of date. I'm now ready to shoot raw and will soon download the software. Is the 5.5.3 the latest and/or correct one?
I seem to remember folks here having less then praise for some versions and wanted to double check with more knowledgeable people before I proceed.

thanks for the help!!

Robert
Version 6 is available for download from the Sigma site.

It works w both Quattro as well Merrill Cameras.

I'd use it.

Aquatarkus

Hi there
What version of the DP2 are you using the original the x, s or Merrill version?
SPP6 only works with the DP1,2 &3 Merrills and the DP2Quattro. There are also serious issues with SPP6 version at the moment, i would recomend that you stick with version 5.5.3 untill Sigma releases SPP 6.1

Regards
Keith W

The Ute

Hi there
What version of the DP2 are you using the original the x, s or Merrill version?
SPP6 only works with the DP1,2 &3 Merrills and the DP2Quattro. There are also serious issues with SPP6 version at the moment, i would recomend that you stick with version 5.5.3 untill Sigma releases SPP 6.1

Regards
Keith W
I disagree. I've been using the latest version of 6 w a Merrill and have not had a single problem.

Hi,
I'm using DP1, DP2 and DP3 Merrills.
I have read here differing opinions about the SPP and which version which is why I have the question.
Thank you for the input.
Robert