The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Samsung NX1

V

Vivek

It appears to have the most advanced sensor in the market. The first Back Side Illuminated (BSI) sensor in a large (APS-C) sensor package. :clap:

This is the most informative piece I found: Photokina Q&A: Can the Samsung NX1 redefine pro performance with a quantum leap in technology?

If Sony reacts to this and makes a FF sensor with BSI technology (also referred to as "stacked" sensor in Sony lingo- nothing to do with Foveon type sensors, it is still a Bayer configuration), there is bound to be a huge jump. The current Sony A7 with a BSI sensor would make me very happy. :)

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

Wow, I'm really impressed by how many details Samsung is willing to share in this interview.

It's a rare thing to get such a level of information, I wish the other companies in the industry would be as open about the technology as Samsung is here.

Thank you for the heads-up, Vivek, really interesting read :thumbup:

V

Vivek

Wow, I'm really impressed by how many details Samsung is willing to share in this interview.

It's a rare thing to get such a level of information, I wish the other companies in the industry would be as open about the technology as Samsung is here.
Well said, Steen! :)

Martin S

Is this camera advanced enough to be a financial success?? Samsung has been not really been competitive up till now!!!

Interested.

Martin

Knorp

Answering my own question (I'm getting good at this): yep, plenty adapters around, even Novoflex.
Very promising, sooo ... who's jumping first ?

All the best.

V

Vivek

Answering my own question (I'm getting good at this): yep, plenty adapters around, even Novoflex.
Very promising, sooo ... who's jumping first ?

All the best.
There was (not sure that is still available) a replacement mount for it. Change the NX mount to Leica M (their registries are very close).

Even before its release, the NX1 prices are rumored to drop soon because of presumed low preorders!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
If you depend upon your gear to make a living, don't jump anywhere until there's a product to test with.

G
I've actually considered contacting Samsung to check if they have loaners available. It would be very interesting to try it out at some motor racing event.

V

Vivek

Hope you succeed in getting a test sample along with their fast lenses!

Martin S

Vivek:

Any idea when the price will drop?? I am interested in this camera but if the price drops, I can wait.

Martin

Martin S

Jorgen:

Maybe he really knows the answer.

He certainly looks like he should.

Martin

P.S. Does he have a phone??