The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Samsung NX500

hot

I have 10mm/16mm macro tubes - but they are not used with these pictures.
Photos are made with standard lens 16-50mm, but cropped - NX500 has 28 Mpixel
- ideal for cropping, but most of them are over 4000x3000 ... resized to 800 pixels horizontal for forums.

It's astonishing how sharp 16-50 ... sometimes I prefer my NX500 over my 2.5x so
expensive GH4 - especially for 4K videos. I'm using lenses from 8mm to 500mm with both cameras.

hot

Hehe, I used polarizer :) - but angle of (diffuse) light was not okay
- and brightness red/black were difficult.

hot

... all flowers, flies, wasps, berries, ... are from my garden :) !

I like NX500 more than my GH4 ... + 9.99% !

For both I have 10 + 16mm macro rings.

hot

Samsung NX500 + 16-50mm

Single frame from a 3840x2160 video

different positions of $ 4.99 pol filter

hot

My question is not earth-shattering, but it interests me :

For Samsung cameras, the app "Remote Viewfinder" - makes camera smartphone remotely controlled. So far so good.

I have NX500, with my Note3 it can remotely controlled very well - camera operations are turned off, then it is only smartphone operated . Many features are available, including lifeview, zooming (by powerzoom). No problem to take photos or videos. Buuuut: video is only selectable up to 1920x1080, no 4K.

However, YouTube video shows 4K is possible - at least for NX1! Why not for NX500?

Samsung Bluetooth Shutter can take photos and starts/stops 4K video! Only buttons for photo and video. Is this a question of ( streaming ) speed ?

Should not be a problem if it appears to be working well with NX1 ... but not with NX500 ?