The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP0 Quattro shots

furtle

the perspective distortion from tilting the camera is a problem, how does this poor girl look like
Ah well, nowt can be done about it and part of the fun with wide angles. The building also tapers which adds to the weird effect.

I'm playing with the dp0 Quattro in various situations to try and get the best out of it. After all, it and the other two Quattros (which I don't own) have been on the receiving end of some pretty strong criticism; more correctly, the sensors have been on the receiving end. This may well be very fair but I would find it surprising that Sigma released the Q knowing it was worse than the M.

furtle

step back and dont tilt^^
Yep could do that but I would have had loads of unwanted stuff in the foreground. It is surprising how easy it is to get the verticals wonky even with a tiny bit of upwards tilt of the camera. I used to have a Xpan and that had a spirit level on the hot shoe. I really loved that camera but the DP0 Q is better.

furtle

May i ask why do you want to sell the DP0Q?
Hi Stoneage, I tend to only ever take one camera with me when I'm out and about and I find the dp0 too restrictive. Certainly when photoing people, friends etc. My Epson R-D1 is a more go to fun camera. So,the dp0 sits unused nearly all the time. Thanks. Steve

furtle

A Sigma dp0 Quattro photo of some swans for your inspection, shot at 1/320 sec, f13, AE = 0, ISO 200. The camera has the latest firmware. SPP = Ver 6.3.2 All SPP setting are centred and both noise are far left buttons. This photo is not for artistic merit (pretty much goes for all my pics ;))

Exported from SPP to jpeg and sized for uploading here in Lightroom with no adjustments. Below are some Lightroom 100% screen grabs.

Here is the original Sigma raw file to download if you wish: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13067037/SDIM1020.X3F

and the 100% screen grabs are below:

biglouis

OK, Sigma DP0Q ownership take two. Prices have now come down to a more reasonable level in the UK, especially with a £125 cashback. A camera store in the UK is rolling out the kit with the viewfinder for GBP699 (PM me if you want to know who, I am not here to advertise for them), so with cashback, I decided to have another go.

I do wonder if Sigma have slipstreamed in changes to the firmware and I am using SPP 6.3.3. First shots are very encouraging. I have never had anything against the lens which I bet is one of the best 21mm available in any format. It has always been an issue of noise at low levels and blown highlights.

First shots are very encouraging, at least I think so. I so want this camera to work :banghead:

All shots were on a tripod.

For this shot I used manual mode at f10 and with a Lee 0.6 soft ND grad.

This is three exposures, bracketed (-1,0,+1) and then merged in LR using HDR Effex from NIK (now free!).

This is a depth of field test.

This is also a bracketed shot and further processed in ColorEffex.

biglouis

Taken this morning in Spitalfields, one of the entrance gates. The gate is named in remembrance of the Spitfire which was paid for by the traders of Spitalfields Market during the war.