The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma Quattro Images

Sapphie

I thought maybe a good idea to put all the Quattro images in one thread, given the scarcity!?

This one is DP1Q. I tried it, wasn't sure, sent it back. However, I think I am changing my mind.

Lee

darr

I thought maybe a good idea to put all the Quattro images in one thread, given the scarcity!?

This one is DP1Q. I tried it, wasn't sure, sent it back. However, I think I am changing my mind.

Lee

That is a very beautiful image Lee. I just purchased the DP0Q, but having a tough time shooting it for real images (test images in house) because of a broken leg. I did rent the DP2Q, and was not real thrilled with the handling of it. I own all three DPM cameras, but wanted the 14mm lens the DP0Q offers. I purchased the DP0Q at this time as a refurbished unit with a big discount and return policy from Sigma so I took it. As soon as this cast comes off and I am able to put pressure back on the leg, I hope to contribute to this thread. Thank you for starting it!!
:clap:

Kind regards,
Darr

xpatUSA

DP2Q -> Kalpanika DNG -> Iridient

Lee
Cool work flow :)

That image has the feel of an oil-painting to it at it's reduced size, esp. the colors.

Has anyone here shot the Quattro in low-res yet? Is it even an option?

I'm wondering how it would compare to the SD14 shot with an equivalent lens . . .

Ted

Sapphie

All JPEGS from the DP2Q with very minor tweaks in LR.

I have the large rear LCD hood which really helps with visibility, getting the exposure compensation right etc.

The JPEGs really are very good, depending on the picture - I need to investigate the in-camera development facility some more.

Lee

darr

Shooting into the Sun
DP0Q | 1/100 @ f/8

Slowly recovering from a broken leg. Recently I was able to visit a favorite Natural Wildlife Refuge and fire a few test shots with my Sigma DP0Q.

Last edited:

Stoneage

15s exposure with the DP0Q.
I still have mixed feelings. I like the lens, i like the vivid color output, but i don't like how Quattro handles the highlights (harsh transition/cut to blown out areas)
So this image was repaired with a shorter exposure image at some parts. My other concern is the auto focus. It doesn't work in these conditions. This is really a big issue. I don't need it
to be fast, but it should be accurate. So this was manually focussed.

Sapphie

I still have mixed feelings. I like the lens, i like the vivid color output, but i don't like how Quattro handles the highlights (harsh transition/cut to blown out areas)
Have you had a go with Kalpanika? High contrast images sometimes have more detail in the highlights than either OOC JPEGs or SPP reveals? This suggests to me that Sigma can 'fix' this issue to some degree if they had a care.

Lee

biglouis

Excellent Sapphie. My old self would also have succumbed. I have got stronger these days, yet if they ever dip too the prices the Merrills did I'll be jumping in feet first.
Excellent choice Lee. I will probably be joining up (again) once prices have fallen a bit further.

LouisB

Sapphie

From the same session as the one above. This one is just OOC JPEG reduced to web size in LR. Both were at ISO 400.

Lee

Stoneage

Have you had a go with Kalpanika? High contrast images sometimes have more detail in the highlights than either OOC JPEGs or SPP reveals? This suggests to me that Sigma can 'fix' this issue to some degree if they had a care.

Lee
Sorry Lee, i totally missed your post.
Yes sometimes i try Kalpanika, but the colors are better with SPP and it handles long exposures also better.
There are situations where highlights can be recovered better with Kalpanika, but sometimes it also fails.
I guess we have to live with those clipping highlights. It reminds me of the SD15. The colors were great too but the latitude in the highlights was bad.
I want the colors from the SD15/Quattro and the pixel "rendering" of the Merrills. :D

Two with the DP0Q in black and white from today:
(Boy what a great lens)