The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigmevolution - From THE Dp1 to a Dp1

Hulyss Bowman

Maybe some of you remember the original DP1 ? Was the first APS-C compact camera ever created and it was a very fun camera to use. Of course the foveon effect was a deep blast, more than the SD9 to be frank.

So here is a retrospective made by Yoshimori Shinya who still have the original DP1, with raws available and all.

Sigma DP1 & dp1 Quattro

Personally I find a sort of regression in the general feeling of what should be a compact foveon camera. With the Quattro we lost it completely and I hope further designs will be more conventional. Have a good read.

My very first model in full rez -

Having tried every trick possible with the Q (low res, down sized ...blablabla), you can't come close to what the original Foveon was able to do.