The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma Quattro LCD Viewer

Sapphie

Is anyone using this viewer? Thoughts? If I decide to get a Quattro, I'm considering one of these as well. Looks like it slides to the side as well?

Sigma LVF-01 Coming in January

SIGMA LCD Viewfinder LVF-01 - SIGMA CORPORATION

Gary
Gary

I have one (I got a good deal with one with a used DP2Q) and it works quite well but don't expect a spectacular view through it as it is just magnifying the LCD. It is, however, very well made and has a built-in diopter. It comes with a 'frame' that screws into the tripod socket. Then, as you say, the viewer slides onto the frame. It is a snug enough fit but don't ever hold the outfit by the viewer alone as the camera could just slide off! It does make the whole outfit quite bulky but it the quirkily styled grip seems to make more sense. The thing reminds me of a 'mini medium format outfit'.

Worth it, IMHO, especially if you can get it at a good price.

Lee

bensonga

Thanks for the first hand info Lee. It certainly looks very well made. I wonder if the 2.5x magnification gives a possibility of more precise manual focus than when using a Hoodman loupe which has a 1:1 ratio.

I see the main advantage of the Sigma LCD Viewer and the Hoodman loupe as reducing/eliminating difficulty seeing the LCD screen in bright light. I had that problem when using my DP Merrills in Death Valley last year and I didn't have a Hoodman loupe with me.

Gary

biglouis

I got one with my DP0Q - I sent both back but not for any reason to do with the LVF-01.

Personally, if I go down that route again (always possible) then it would a no-brainer purchase as I found it enhanced the use of the camera greatly.

Just my two cents.

LouisB

Sapphie

Gary

I agree with Louis and wouldn't want to be without it now that I have it. It first on both my DP0Q and DP2Q :)

It blocks sunlight perfectly and I can clearly see the histogram and other info as well as the scene in front of me resulting in fewer sloping horizons or unexpected content in the picture!

Lee

HeavyDuty

I have a dp0Q and a LVF-01 on the way. The comments about the loupe sliding off concern me a little - there really isn't a lock?

darr

I have a dp0Q and a LVF-01 on the way. The comments about the loupe sliding off concern me a little - there really isn't a lock?
Hi Ken,

My Quattro LCD viewfinder does not cause any slipping-off problems while using if with my Q0. It is designed to slide on and off, but again, I have not experienced any problems what-so-ever using it. I wish it worked with the Merrills, but it cannot.

Kind regards,
Darr