The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma SD14

docmaas

Hi,

New poster here. Just a little info that you may already know:

The filmplane to flange register on the Leica R is 47mm on the Sigma it is 44mm as it is on the Eos. No optical elements are required when the camera using the lens has a shorter or identical register as the camera from which the lens comes.

Mike

Ah... I see. That's good to know :)

Am I right in assuming that a converter from R to Sigma needs a lens element to enable infinity focus?

conurus

What about the mount diameter? There are situations where the lens has a large mount diameter and the camera a small mount diameter, so that even if the lens registration distance is longer than the camera's, an adapter would still not be possible.

gogopix

Subscriber
yes, true. But Sigma makes canon mount lenses and I cannot believe thay are that far off. There could be an issue of some vignetting

I actually have a Kodak slrc that is supposed to be a sigma body. It comes in canon and nikon mounts. I cannot believe the sigma lenses are that far different, as 36x24 dictate the geometry, but nothing like trying

Say, are you the person who does the magical adapters?

regards
Victor

conurus

The Sigma SA mount, being physically similar to Pentax K, has a significantly smaller diameter compared to Canon EF.

If Leica R to Pentax K adaptation is possible, so would be Leica R to Sigma SA.

gogopix

Subscriber
as long as the light path is ok should be no issue. Not all the exit is used anyway, it depends on light path geometry. I dont think there are Leica to pentax adapters commercially available

why not use a hassey lens? I thiunk there ARE HB to Prntax k

Last edited:

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Hey, Son; Kit here.

Can you make a list of what wide–normal lenses can be mounted to the SD-14, and some idea of what an adapter would cost?

The SD-14 are ~500 USD right now, and are a true bargain, IMHO. No AA filter, Foveon sensor, an IR cut filter that can be removed instantly, simple controls.

I am thinking of an SD-14 with approximately a 35–40mm EFOV lens (1,7 crop factor). A lens with a DOF scale would be nice...

I had an SD-14, and it's no low-light camera, to be sure, but it is very sharp without processing. I just got a DP1, so my mind is turning in this direction.

gogopix

Subscriber
i think the sd-14 could be the next "DMR" in the sebse of a camera and look that will startle people . right now, it is the glass that is holding it back.

gotta get it on a leica r mount or at least a eos mount that cab adapt to r
the Kodak SLRc had eos mount why cant sigma do that?

my offer is open; 1,000 to the first mount that can handle R glass on the sigma (500 for a hasselblad to sigma; cummon, that's gotta be a piece of cake:D

gogopix

Subscriber
oops
take that back on the hb to sigma (already did it ; i guess I can pay myself the $500!

anyway, aboutb that R glass on Sigma?