The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh Theta S is the world's best travel camera

ohnri

My Theta images from Venice just put you right there.

My friends and family were blown away by the immediacy and sense of really being there that they got even from standard iPhone viewing without VR headsets.

Yes, I still carry an old school digital camera but I will never travel without the Theta again.

And, if you have ever wanted to capture the space and majesty of the interior of an old world cathedral, for example, this sub $400 camera will do it better than a $50,000 medium format rig or any fancy, wide angle lens on a Nikon, Sony, or whatever.

People say the Theta doesn't replace the traditional camera but supplements it. I would say my traditional cameras don't replace my Theta but supplement it.

And, it fits in a pocket.