The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Next big Sigma decision!

GotHotPhoto

Hello every one! First of all i would like to thanks to every one who posted here about sigma gear! It was a pleasure to read all those wise thoughts!
Im currently have Sigma sd15 and sd10 for IR. Im shooting macro and close ups mostly with my sd15 using old m42 mf lenses on it. im pretty happy with the resultsa but im always strive for better image quality so i decide to move on to next sigma! And i found it a very hard choise couse i can go with sd1m of get a new sdq... Dont want dp2m couse i need to put on my own lenses...
So my question is what could be better in term of resolution to go for? sd1m or sdq? Im currently collecting free sample of full res of sdq and got over a hundred!and i even got 6 x3f files! Got it from verios web sites on a web, can share if some one interested...
So whats your thoughts about my problem? Should i stay with sd15 or get sd1m or sdq. maybe wait for sdqh? Please share your thoughts!!!
If im only consiering resolution! Im often printing my stuff large like 16x20"or greater on canvas with epson 9890pro or lab paper with noritsh lp24 pro! Sd15 looks great! But i think i want greater resolution! What woul you choose?

Exemple of my shots (image is still in prossecing work, not finished but get you an idea what my works look like)

Attachments

xpatUSA

. . .
So my question is what could be better in term of resolution to go for? sd1m or sdq?

So whats your thoughts about my problem? Should i stay with sd15 or get sd1m or sdq. maybe wait for sdqh? Please share your thoughts!!!
If im only consiering resolution! Im often printing my stuff large like 16x20"or greater on canvas with epson 9890pro or lab paper with noritsh lp24 pro! Sd15 looks great! But i think i want greater resolution!
Only considering "resolution" and printing 16x20"or greater, the obvious choice is the sd Quattro H.

6200x4152px versus your SD15's 2268x1512px.

http://www.sigma-global.com/en/cameras/sd-series/specifications/

gnuyork

If it helps here a print I did with a sample from the Sigma website from the DP2M. I wanted to see what was capable before buying one. I know you need a camera for your own glass, but resolution wise, I have no issues printing larger than 16x20 with the Merrill camera after upresing.

any noise you see in this image is likely due to my capture camera for the picture, which was the Leica X1 at 1600 ISO. I was pleased with the result. I'm curious about prints from the H though.

foveon

I did 60x90 cm, maybe 24x36", prints from DP2m pics, and you can look at them with a loupe without seeing artefacts

xpatUSA

So my question is what could be better in term of resolution to go for? sd1m or sdq?
Personally I find it irritating when someone starts a question thread, gets some good helpful answers, and then disappears.

"There's nowt so queer as folk" . .

For the OP:

:D