The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Sigma DP1 grows up

S

stnami

What impresses me is the Foveon's take on colour, an oddity but I can see a whole new playground........it could be the closest one can get going down a autochrome style path digitally. The DP1 on paper atleast seems to go a step closer but I reckon I may have to go down the digital negative path for autochrome
Sure the specs of the camera are a bit suss as a digital camera goes .......yea I know a pricey experiment if things go turtle. Anyway things are getting a bit docile in the loony bin.

harmsr

Workshop Member
To be honest, I was rather disappointed in the DP1 at PMA. It is really only about 6.x MP in resolution due to the stated MP counted being divided between the 3 color layers. It also was rather noisy for a larger sensor size camera. At 400 ISO the noise was about the same as a DLux3.

They let me take a few shots and load them onto the laptop for viewing.

I think that I'll keep waiting and hope that the Ricoh GRD (xx) is an improved GRD II with a fixed 35, 40, or 50 lens.

Best,

Ray

S

stnami

THe noise does not surprise me, I see how the sensor picks up the colours and what it does as the real point of interest. Most want a DSLR performing camera in a small package and I am sure it will disappoint, if things were easy to produce the Sonys of the world would be right on Sigmas coat tails