The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Old Pentax DSLR price?

Rawfa

I'm not sure if this is where I should be posting but since there is no Pentax dedicated thread I've figured I should just try it here. My mother just gave like 5 Pentax K prime lenses and I want to put them to action. To be entirely honest I have never followed Pentax's trajectory (even though I know it’s classic reputation) like I did with Canon and Nikon, so I really don’t know much. That’s why I was wondering about a cheap Pentax DSLR to go with these lenses. I’m really not looking into spending much and I don’t care if it’s an older model (actually I’m looking for something really cheap). I would like (if possible) the smallest DSLR they have. Anyway, I’m open for advices.

Lili

Rawfa, to make the best use of the old lenses the K100D, K100D Super and the K2000/K-M may be your best bets. ALL the Pentaxc DSLR's will allow use of the K mounts lenses. The K100's are the oldest with Sensor Based IS that works with ANY lens! With a manual lens mounted when one turns on the camera it will ask the focal length.
I have not used any other than the K100D and the K100D Super. They are same save the super has dust removal and also will operate SDM lenses.
I got the Super on close out at WOlf for under $200 body only.
You ought to be able to find these for quite decent prices.
E mail/PM if you've any questions

Last edited:
A

affoche09

Old Pentax DSLR price

Is there any practical/useful way to dispose of them?
I have a set from 1990 that Id like to get rid of and dont want to unload them on Goodwill to dispose of, but hate to toss em for landfill.

Thoughts?