The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

same image:k5 and MF -which is which

Paratom

just for fun and I know that it doesnt say much at this size:
one with Hy6+80mm Schneider and Sinar back and one with K5 and 35mm limited- so which is which?

Amin

I'm guessing Pentax is the second one, because that one has more DOF. If you shot both lenses wide open with the same framing, the DOF would be similar.

Paratom

by the way-the images on the internet look clearly worse than what I saw on my computer (worse tonal graduation). Dont know why.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
That's reassuring. The second pic's skin tone and colors looks more lifelike on my mediocre screen, while the bokeh is better on the first pic, having shallower DoF.

Matt

Paratom

ok, yes, Hy6 the first one and I did use f2.8 for both. So shallower DOF (and smoother bokeh?) might have been one of the points which helped to find out which is which.

Terry

The DOF bit was my initial reaction as soon as I saw. The fall off in DOF in the first is quite nice. Then I saw your message about not stating they were the same aperture. I then went back and tried to look at little details like the eyes and color. Interesting that that yellow in the bowl is more saturated in the first shot. I like the first shot except I'm not wild about the pink it is picking up on the right wall where it is OOF.

Amin

Based on the difference in DOF, it looked to me like you either shot both at the same f-number or you stopped the Schneider down by about 4 stops relative to the DA 35. The former seemed more likely to me; hence my guess ;).

Paratom

Based on the difference in DOF, it looked to me like you either shot both at the same f-number or you stopped the Schneider down by about 4 stops relative to the DA 35. The former seemed more likely to me; hence my guess ;).
yes, you were totally right I just wanted to add some confusion ;)