- awesome interface
- jpeg engine looks better than I was expecting
- lots of customizability
- DA 70 F2.4 is pretty awesome, nice and neat. Didn't expect a little bag with it.
- smaller than I remember, this is effectively a pro-specced Olympus 620 with the spirit of the Olympus E-1
- so far fast AF and accurate. Haven't stressed it yet though.
- movie mode is crisp, clear with detail. Quite the surprise.
But Pentax oh no Pentax, I have the curse of the dirty sensor thingie. UGH. Talk about a way to spoil the excitement, this camera has to go back. I'll probably keep it a week or so to test it anyway to see if it was to my liking, but ugh. The spots are visible at F11 and up. At F8 they are muted but they are still there. Depending on the photo they will matter or not.
I am sorry but I didn't pay $1,600 USD for this. This has to be fixed. I'll probably send it back to amazon rather than fix it with Pentax, but depends on how strongly I feel. I am not in the mood of waiting 1-2 months for a replacement so if Pentax can guarantee me a quick turn around it's a deal, if not, then I have to conclude they don't have the network to provide service at a more pro level.
(talking about USA here).