The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Pentax K5

Amin

Carl, very nice shot of the cardinal with seed falling.

Thanks Jono, Carl, Lee, and Rich.

Lee, I haven't had any sharpness or focus issue with the K-5 and my one lens. The lens itself is eye bleeding sharp and focus calibration seems perfect.

Jono, Michael gave the MFD above, and I was very close to that limit when I took the orchid shot.

Rich, DA70 vs FA77 doesn't seem like a decision where you could go wrong!

scho

Carl, very nice shot of the cardinal with seed falling.
Thanks Amin. Had to use CAF to keep the bird in focus with a 30 mph wind bouncing the feeder around.
First shot with a new lens......CV58 @ f/4. Definitely a learning curve with this one.
Rich,
Very nice shot with the Nokton. I liked the 50 1.5 M mount Nokton on my m8 and m43 G1. How is the manual focusing with the 1.4 on the K5? Something I haven't explored yet.

jonoslack

Ho Hum
Oscar came today, and although the weather wasn't fab, I did have some fun:

100mm WR

DA* 60-250

DA* 60-250

DA* 60-250

jonoslack

Jono

All beautiful ...

Lee
Thank you Lee
The boss and I are living alone for the first time in . . . 28 years, and when children come home, it really brings the place into focus, it's not smart or grand, but on an April day it's heaven to us, the last shot with the telephoto, the collapsing stable, the barn where I ran the business for 15 years and a little of the house, together with Emma and HER tractor - it's kind of life affirming. We've been very lucky.

scho

Beautiful pictures Jono. It really is a joy to have the family and children around again. We are looking forward to seeing our grandson again next weekend for easter.

Rich M

Rich,
Very nice shot with the Nokton. I liked the 50 1.5 M mount Nokton on my m8 and m43 G1. How is the manual focusing with the 1.4 on the K5? Something I haven't explored yet.
Carl....more with the Nokton. I shot with it all day today.....a very joyful experience. After a few shots, I chose not to shoot wide open. At f/1.4 the plane of focus was so thin and there was just more depth to capture. So far, to me, one of the nicest things about the K-5 is the TAv mode....I set time and aperture and it adjusts with ISO.

This first picture is at ISO 10000:

Most of the rest are at 1/400, f/3.5 ISO 3200-6000

Manual focusing became easier as the day went on. The viewfinder was surprisingly bright even at f/4.

I got a Katzeye split prism in this afternoon's post. I wonder if that will be an improvement? I wonder now if I even need it.

R

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Jono, the K-5 and you seem to work together as Siamese twins sharing the same brain. You produce so much goodness together :)

K5 and the 77mm Ltd at Scarborough Faire, Waxahatchie, Texas.
I was trying to capture movement while keeping the dancer's face and uh...er... other attributes in focus.

Scarborough Faire
is a huge Renaissance Festival held annually. I've been going there for the last 20 years or so.

ashwinrao1

Scarborough Faire
is a huge Renaissance Festival held annually. I've been going there for the last 20 years or so.
Jim,
This is unbelievably good. Magic, truly magic, and you have seen it through the eye of the 77...one more reason why this should be the most lusted over lens in Pentax's lineup and why your services should be highly sought after as a photographer...great great image.

ashwinrao1

after seeing some of the work above, I hesitate to even share these, but figured it's worth seeing what the K5, and old lens (135 mm f/2.5 K mount Manual focus lens) can do at a baseball game:

And 2 with the 77 FA wide open

Sapphie

Ashwin

Those M 135 shots are stunning! Did you focus by eye or rely on the 'green hexagon' or even 'catch in focus'?

Lee