The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Pentax K5

JMaher

Ashwin,

The 135 may not be critically sharp but your photos look great particularity the runner. I look forward to seeing some portraits with it.

I have a vintage 50 F 1.7 coming today or tomorrow. Anxious to see how that renders.

Jim

scho

A pair (male above, female below) of Red-bellied woodpeckers tearing up a sugar maple for grubs. K5+DA 55-300. Handheld shooting through window, so not very sharp.

Sapphie

I don't normally take photos of spiders on the dining room window (on the outside that is!) an hour after sunset but this may be of interest. It surprised me that it was dark enough to need ISO 12,800.

Lee

ashwinrao1

Ashwin,

The 135 may not be critically sharp but your photos look great particularity the runner. I look forward to seeing some portraits with it.

I have a vintage 50 F 1.7 coming today or tomorrow. Anxious to see how that renders.

Jim
Enjoy the 50 f/1.7 (SMC-A or SMC-M?), Jim! I am sure you'll love it. I have the 50 mm f/1.4, and struggled with whether to get the 1.4 or 1.7...I am a sucker for wide apertures, so went for the 1.4, so I'll be curious as to how you feel about the 1.7. Thanks for the kind words!

ashwinrao1

I don't normally take photos of spiders on the dining room window (on the outside that is!) an hour after sunset but this may be of interest. It surprised me that it was dark enough to need ISO 12,800.

Lee
Very vool, Lee. I lik ethe ISO 12,800 noise here, in terms of what it adds to the rendition of the spider.

ashwinrao1

A pair (male above, female below) of Red-bellied woodpeckers tearing up a sugar maple for grubs. K5+DA 55-300. Handheld shooting through window, so not very sharp.

Lovely birds, Carl. I am impressed by the handheld/through-the-window work. That ain't easy!

Rich M

Rich,
Amazing shots. Did you apply any noise reduction in the first? Looks great.
Carl......just globally added +15 Luminance in LR3.....nothing heavy. I did use the spot brush to add another +20 to the black edges of the kiln door.

I didn't even know the shot was ISO 25600 until I was ready to upload it. Somehow, I didn't think that was correct. After knowing that, I was pretty amazed there was that much detail in the towel on the handle.

R

benroy

Subscriber Member
Rich: The fiery furnace won't hang in the Louvre or MMA, but that's certainly getting maximum mileage out of the camera...very interesting.

Ashwin: The B&W house could hang in the MMA...that's really a fine image. It could go right up with Paul Strand's stuff...Ansel might grudgingly move over a bit as well.

Roy Benson

D

DRabbit

Very first K5 shot... testing it out after getting it tonight. Of course, on the cat. FA 43mm f/1.9 lens @ ISO 1600...

Silver cat... silver cam...

I'm seriously impressed by both the camera and the lens!

:D

Rich M

Very first K5 shot... testing it out after getting it tonight. Of course, on the cat. FA 43mm f/1.9 lens @ ISO 1600...

Silver cat... silver cam...

I'm seriously impressed by both the camera and the lens!

:D
Nice Amy.....wait'll start pushing the ISO. You'll be shocked.

R

BTW.....post some silver camera shots....