The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Pentax K5

jonoslack

Summer....Pipeline
Just go away! We have windy grey weather, drizzle, 16C, horrible, and you post shots like this (what are the blow up people in the surf on the upper right incidentally?).

I'm not a great surfer, but I do like it, and that looks like about my level (bit windy though).

Right - off to bed - I don't want to see any more!:mad:

Rich M

Just go away! We have windy grey weather, drizzle, 16C, horrible, and you post shots like this (what are the blow up people in the surf on the upper right incidentally?).

I'm not a great surfer, but I do like it, and that looks like about my level (bit windy though).

Sorry about your weather Jono.....sounds very well.....icky.

BTW....the "blown up" people are part of a new (kinda) phenomenon here....stand-up paddle.

They're EVERYWHERE.......annoying.

Slacht gud.....R

benroy

Subscriber Member
Good stuff Bart, Rich, Jono, Jim. Picked up a used 300/4.5 SMC F ED IF...so I turned to the garden...AF spot on...very sharp...hope you saw the Glory Lily on the last page...here are some other examples.

Roy Benson

Last edited:

woodyspedden

Jono

I am with you my man!

I already have cabin fever dealing as I am with the recuperation from my third back surgery in five weeks (everything went perfectly this time thank God!).

Colorado is supposed to have like 320 days of full sunshine each year and we have had exactly two sunny days in the month of May! Of course what that means is that we will transition from temperatures in the 60's F to the 90's in about two days and it will now be too hot and the light too contrasty!

Can't wait to get out and shoot with my relatively new K-5 kit. I want some decent light so I can post the results from my manual focus Zeiss ZK lenses for all to see.

Happy memorial day

Woody

raist3d

Hmm is someone making excuses to not take any pictures having a *weather sealed camera*? Hmmmm??????? :)

- Raist

MalcolmP

Hello everyone,new member here.Please allow me to introduce myself,I'm Malcolm:).That done I'd like to say how much I have enjoyed following the Pentax threads here since discovering Get DPI. fantastic pictures and informative and entertainig comments/opinions from clearly very gifted photographers!
So I thought I'd lower the standard!:)
And besides,you are all partly responsible for my decision to stick with Pentax:salute:
Anywho!,it would be churlish not to post a pic with my first post,so heres a shot taken this morning.
Great spotted woodpecker about to feed his male chick.fifteen minute walk from home in not so sunny today:( Herefordshire.
Regards
Malc

benroy

Subscriber Member
Paraphrasing an old Red Skelton joke:

Scene: wire that runs over the Henley Regatta:
Dove on the left: "What's going on down there, Ethel?"
Dove on the right (Ethel). "Oh, I just came back from taking a look. It's an Oxford vs Cambridge crew race".
Dove on the left: "Who do you think is going to win?"
Dove on the right: "I don't know, but I just put all I had on Oxford!"

Roy Benson (with apologies to Red Skelton).

Last edited:

Rich M

Welcome Malc.....hope you stick around and share some more of your pics.

Roy....nice "birds on the wire"......with apologies to Leonard Cohen.

R

Rich M

I don't know how this is going to look.......but I had a lot of enjoyment with it, trying to get the shadows right.

R

Last edited:

Sapphie

Lee....I love poppies.......is this a stitch?

R
Rich,

No, just a crop. I should really have ventured into the field to get some closer shots but I stayed on the outside of the gate, and anyway didn't want to start trampling on the crops in the foreground. Poppies don't hang around very long and these looked great as they were back lit by the sun, though I should have avoided the shadow in the background. I was pleased with the 18-135 getting these sharp at its 135 setting. I would have posted a larger in-line image but my getdpi gallery space is full ...

Lee