The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Pentax K5

scho

A few shots taken along the waterfront this afternoon. K5+35mm f/2.8 Macro

Driftwood

Rusty Wheel

Knot

Willows

ashwinrao1

Ashwin

Those M 135 shots are stunning! Did you focus by eye or rely on the 'green hexagon' or even 'catch in focus'?

Lee
Hi Lee,

I use a Katz eye screen to achieve focus, but did keep focus confirmation as enabled. Plus, got lucky a bit...;)

Amin

Ashwin, the B&W baseball images are fantastic.

Roy, the first flower with raindrops is stunning. I'm still checking out the rest!

benroy

Subscriber Member
Carl...very good little lens combined with a very good eye makes for these great "found" images.

Rich: Knockout Nokton pics! That's quite a lens.

Jono: Reed cutting images stir up memories of Van Gogh...you've taken us back in time.

Jim Maher: Loved the girl with the umbrella.

Roy Benson

Last edited:

JMaher

Carl, Great 35 macro shots. Particularly the driftwood and the wheel.

Rich, The sculptors hand is just terrific. Are you having any problems manually focusing? I see a couple of people have used a different screen but I have no experience with that.

Jono - great photos and it does feel like a time gone by.

Jim

Last edited:

Amin

Boston marathon comes straight through our neighborhood:

We were at kilometer 25. I was surprised to see some of the older participants:

Kids of all ages were out with their families to watch and cheer:

Saying "Hi" to the kids:

... and as always, some strange characters:

All images with K5 and 21/3.2

Last edited:

Rich M

All images with K5 and 21/3.2 or 35/2.4
Amin...nice shots of the Marathon. Nice weather too....my son lives in Brooklyn and I guess the past few weeks have been off and on.

What always impressed about that event was that it was kind of the "best of the best" (due to the pre-qualification requirements).

That 35/2.4 is a nice focal length for the K-5.

R

scho

We were at kilometer 25. I was surprised to see some of the older participants:
All images with K5 and 21/3.2
Amin,

Nice image series of the marathon.

benroy

Subscriber Member
One more trip among the dew-drops this morning with the 100 WR macro:

Roy Benson

Last edited:

Amin

Thanks, Carl.

Roy, those dew drop photos are really lovely. Totally off topic: whenever I see water droplets on screen, it brings me back to the first time I saw that, which was at MacWorld SF in the ? 1980s.

Last edited:

JMaher

Roy, Great shots with the dew on the plants. I particularly like this one.

Jim

Last edited:

benroy

Subscriber Member
Thanks Amin and Jim for your kind comments re: dew drops. They provide great visual pleasure that is, sadly, fleeting...as soon as the sun ascends, the drops are gone...so it's really nice to be able to capture these beautiful but temporary jewels. Once in a while, I'll find the drops reflecting me as I take the picture...that's a real kick!

Roy Benson