The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Pentax K5

scho

A few shots using the 18-135 from a couple of recent walks.

Fast & Slick

Clear & Cold

Scorched (practice fire tower)

Skunked

Rich M

A few shots using the 18-135 from a couple of recent walks.
Carl....Photozone must have gotten a poor copy......corner to corner those look as sharp as you want them. Frankly, I think except in just a few cases, corner sharpness is overrated. When I look at an image, I don't want my mind saying "Wow...that corner is SHARP".

BTW....I feel that the Katzeye has made a huge difference in manual focusing. Surprisingly, it is not the split prism but the subtle texture gradient of the microprism surrounding it.

R

scho

Carl....Photozone must have gotten a poor copy......corner to corner those look as sharp as you want them. Frankly, I think except in just a few cases, corner sharpness is overrated. When I look at an image, I don't want my mind saying "Wow...that corner is SHARP".

BTW....I feel that the Katzeye has made a huge difference in manual focusing. Surprisingly, it is not the split prism but the subtle texture gradient of the microprism surrounding it.

R
Thanks Rich. I need to look into the KatzEye and give MF a try. LV works well on a tripod, but awkward for handheld focusing.
Early morning light

R
Rich,
Lovely colors and bokeh.

markwon

Jim and Rich, thanks for your comments!

Carl, great tones on that last shot!

Rich--beautiful macro my friend! love the light and hawaiian colors. was it with the CV?

benroy

Subscriber Member
An enjoyable Sunday evening viewing images by Carl, Jim, Mark, and Rich...thanks for sharing.

Back with the prickly stuff in the garden...this time with the Sigma 70 macro.

Roy Benson

Last edited:

Rich M

Rich--beautiful macro my friend! love the light and hawaiian colors. was it with the CV?
Mark.......yes.....it was the CV90. I love the color rendering and bokeh with this lens. Reminds me of my (now unused) Tokina "Bokina".

It's not a true macro......just close focus.......but it works for me.

R

ashwinrao1

Rich, Roy, great flowers and colors

Carl, great color shock in the greying leaves, a sure sign of spring.

Mark, great capture at the beach! Also, the Hopperesque treatments are wonderful!

edftwin

I'm absolutely impressed !! That's why i always recommend Pentax to my friends ! And one of them bought a K-R last week !

scho

Ashwin,

Great sports series. Our crew is getting itchy now that the ice is off the inlet to the lake.

ecsh

Nice weather in NE for a change, the weatherman was wrong.
All with the 77 Ltd. to see what it can do. All jpegs sooc with a little crop

D

DRabbit

Ashwin... Live the baseball shots, and that first rowing shot is amazing!

Ecsh... The purple flower is very pretty :)