The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Pentax K5

Knorp

Knorp,
the lens I used for this shot is the 60-250, quite heavy but good performer.
I have also the 16-50 but I'm not really satisfied with it, quite soft specially in the corners up to 4-5.6.
I dont know if this is a problem with my sample only but this is what I've found.
The 12-24, on the contrary, for me is OK also in the corners
Cheers,
Hi there Ario,

thanks for the quick response and of course it's the 60-250, what was I thinking :rolleyes:
I'm torn between the 50-135/2.8 and the 60-250/4.0, I like the extra speed but also like the extra reach ...
Good to hear at least one WA lens is performing alright.

Kind regards.

jonoslack

HI There - great shots from all - lovely to see you here Bart . . . I'm in haste, but here are a couple from today - nice weather, despite the forecast!

35 macro

18-135 @135

18-135 @ 135

35 macro

18-135

18-135

18-135

Knorp

Hi there Jono,
that 35 macro is quite something and what lovely shots.
Yep, I'm tempted, but I like the reach of the 100 too. Oh well.

Mmm, in haste ? Better take care then ...
All the very best.

Rich M

Jono.....I was going to say the first macro was my favorite....and the canola...and your speeding pup....

Then I realized, they're all my favs......nice.

R

benroy

Subscriber Member
What a great Mother 's Day treat for the eyes: thanks to Ecsh, Jono, Knorp, and Ario...a real visual pleasure all day long today...all so good it's hard to pick favorites.

Roy Benson

jonoslack

Hi there Jono,
that 35 macro is quite something and what lovely shots.
Yep, I'm tempted, but I like the reach of the 100 too. Oh well.

Mmm, in haste ? Better take care then ...
All the very best.
Hi Bart
love the FA77 images - that's a temptation for me. I also have the 60-250, and although it's not stellar at the long end, it's pretty good, nice lens, quick and quiet. To be honest, it only seems like the 16-50 is a 'problem lens'

all the best

benroy

Subscriber Member
Adding more "fuel" to the 77FA "fire": no flowers this time, but some dawn patrol activity around the clubhouse pool.

Roy Benson

Last edited:

woodyspedden

Two from the FA77.

Thanks for viewing.
I just love the FA 77. In fact I love the FA 31 and the FA 43 as well. I did not love the 15mm DA, 21 DA, and (for the most part) the 40 DA. For macro I bought the Zeiss ZK 50 which, while I love it, is not much better than the shots I see from Jono with the 35 Macro. And finally, I really love the 200 SDM but it is not good for sports because of focus lag.

Woody

Sapphie

All,

Lovely stuff. I am not (as yet) tempted by the 77. I get the feeling though that the 'Pentax Trinity' is the place to be ... 31, 43, 77. I have the 43 and, well, it is great!

That 18-135 isn't as bad as some will tell you either. I prefer it to my Panasonic 14-140 ...

If I stay with Pentax (and I will), I think my next ones (lottery win assuming) will be 12-24mm zoom and 31mm FA. Then maybe the 100mm macro!

Lee

woodyspedden

Sapphie

Don't even try the 77FA. If you do, you are doomed! In my opinion even better than the 43 FA and that is saying something

Woody