The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Pentax K5

Knorp

No better place for "birding" then the local zoo.
You know, some of them are real characters ... :D

Thanks for viewing.

jonoslack

No better place for "birding" then the local zoo.
You know, some of them are real characters ... :D
I've known many birds (we've kept lots of 'em) Geese and parrots and chickens and budgies.

Some are clever (parrots) some are stupid (chickens) but they're all mean buggers!

You pictures on the other hand are just great.

benroy

Subscriber Member
Bart: WOW! the bird pics are terrific...more...more.

BTW: My mother-in-law would always look at me with that same penetrating look down your nose as the last bird.

Roy Benson

Sapphie

I can't compete with you true birders but just for fun with 18-135mm:

"Look, I've told you already - no piggy back rides!"

and

"Ohh, I'm nice and snug in here ..."

Quite dark and cold along the canal tonight, these shot at 1/500th, f/5.6 I think. No probs with the relatively high ISO.

Lee

Last edited:

jonoslack

I can't compete with you true birders but just for fun with 18-135mm:
Lee - these are wonderful - there's no substitute for subject and you've really hit paydirt here.

maybe you'll have to work a little to get a bit more zing, but they're gorgeous (especially the second one).

do you have a broken arm :ROTFL:

Sapphie

Jono

Thanks - zing?

I can't remember why I cropped out mum's head, I think just because she was close to the canal bank and loads of vegetation in the way anyway. This pair had 8 cygnets, only hatched a couple of days ago. There is another pair of swans a bit further down. This was the female yesterday:

This evening this other pair were absent but those two eggs were still on the nest, I hope they haven't been left aside ...

There was a guy this evening with an Olympus E-5 and a very long lens taking some great shots aided by flash too, but I was happy just to see them and take my 'snaps'.

(Of course didn't need flash with the K5 high ISO ability!!!)

Lee

raist3d

I like all your bird shots in general to some extent but the last one pulls ahead by having light shine on their eyes/face. Wow.

- Raist

benroy

Subscriber Member
On the dawn patrol hitting the trash piles and gutters with the 43FA...very treacherous light, so I'll apologize in advance for some heavy photoshopping here and there.

Roy Benson

Last edited:

benroy

Subscriber Member
Thanks, Rich...speaking of kaleidoscopic: also with 35/2.8 Macro:

Roy Benson

Last edited: