The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Pentax K5

benroy

Subscriber Member
Jim: I type this with sweaty palms and forehead, and my glasses are steamed up...a truly "Oh, My!" pic.

Roy Benson

benroy

Subscriber Member
Picked up a used 300/4.5 SMC F lens on eBay: One of the first shots in the try-out set...can't miss with the Glory Lillies!

Roy Benson

Last edited:

JMaher

Thanks - Lee, Roy, Bart, Rich, Raist,

Glad I could contribute. I think the 18-135 holds in own in the right circumstances.

Jim

Rich M

Picked up a used 300/4.5 SMC F lens on eBay: One of the first shots in the try-out set...can't miss with the Glory Lillies!

Roy Benson
Roy....that is a REALLY nice shot......there is a delicate softness to the anthers (but not OOF) and the bokeh is sweet.

Nice acquisition.....in the hands of a knowledgable photographer = winner.

R

Knorp

@Jim: this b/w version is stunning !

@Roy: congrats with the tele-lens, that lilly is wonderful.

Kind regards.

benroy

Subscriber Member
Bart: Thanks for more bird pictures...you've got the touch, right down to the catch lights in the eyes...thanks also the kind remarks about the tele shot of the Glory lily.

Roy Benson

jonoslack

Still loving the 18-135 - it keeps on coming up with nice shots, sharp and with decent bokeh.

Here are a couple:

jonoslack

today it was horrid weather - grey and very very windy, certainly not photography weather, still you have to try.
I want for a long, fast walk with the dog and the 60-250, here are a couple I did like (it really is a nice lens).