The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Pentax K5

MalcolmP

Thanks Jono:),but its just a snap compared to all the shots I see on here from everyone! Inspirational stuff!:)
No I'm sorry about exif details I think,as I said in another post its because the forum software is resizing pics for me.either that or the munchkins that live in my laptop are stealing them:LOL: k5 and new bigma.
Cheers
Malcolm

jonoslack

Hi Ashwin - no push-pull, just the damn cat!

Malc - your bigma shots are wonderful - more please!

I came home from work tonight, and it was really raining hard, a few updates, the dog hassling, so I put on some shorts and a t-shirt, grabbed the K5 with the 18-135 and ran (walked fast) for it. We were both wet in a minute or so, but the sun did come out. . . There'll be more later, but there's something very therapeutic about an hours walk in rain/sun, with a camera you don't have to think about. Of course one could get togged up in wellies and jackets etc. but somehow it isn't the same. The cold keeps you going along

anyway - one shot I liked (even if it is a bit cheesy) there's more to come (oh yes!):

benroy

Subscriber Member
Around the neighborhood with the 300: 1st pic: Neighbor lady training her lead sled dog for next year's Iditerod.
2nd pic: Cattle egret...No where near the quality of image Bart and Malc are producing...but very sharp.
3rd pic: Toys hanging outside drug-store.
4th pic: Blue bike on a bus...marvelous detail on 3 levels....the bike, the printed material on the bus, and a passenger and driver behind the windshield.
Very happy with this lens!

Roy Benson

Last edited:

benroy

Subscriber Member
The final set of "around the garden with the 300"...flowers...the lens is a keeper, no doubt...especially when you see what it does to the backgrounds in the flower pics.

Roy Benson

Last edited:

JMaher

Roy,

The results from the lens are very nice. I particularly like the 2nd picture the fire lily?

Looks like you took them very early this morning.

Jim

jonoslack

The final set of "around the garden with the 300"...flowers...the lens is a keeper, no doubt...especially when you see what it does to the backgrounds in the flower pics.

Roy Benson
Great Roy - I especially like the first one (Fuschia is it?) gorgeous background.

all the best

neilvan

So many fantastic images in this thread, kudos to all of you who have shared!

I just got reacquainted with Pentax recently and I am so happy I bought a K-5, what a wonderful camera...

70mm f2.4

100mm f2.8 WR

benroy

Subscriber Member
Welcome to the K-5 thread, Neil...you'll enjoy it...lot's of really good people with good ideas.
Really like your images...especially the clover around the tree trunk.

Roy Benson

Knorp

@Rich: ;) but is he accountable ?

@Jono: love the goldfinch and that cat is just hilarious :LOL:

@Neil: :salute: welcome, that shot with the tree and clover, superb !

@Carl: good to see some "dutch glory" in your picture :D

All the very best.

jonoslack

Jono......yes......held out as long as I could.
To avoid irritation - just remember to part focus manually before pressing the shutter - especlally when you're going from close to distant and vice versa.

Bart.......beautiful.......especially this one......amazing detail.

R
I'm with Rich - fine Goose . . . Knowing Geese I would suggest from that expression, that you were in some considerable danger!

Rich M

To avoid irritation - just remember to part focus manually before pressing the shutter - especlally when you're going from close to distant and vice versa.
Thanks Jono.....it's that suggestion of yours (made a while back here) that convinced me to get it. I was at an orchid show in the spring and heard a sound akin to a cordless drill running out of battery. Lo and behold, it was another photog using the 100WR. At the time I thought (and this was before I joined the Pentax camp), what a miserable excuse for an autofocus lens.

Your tip, however, stuck in my mind and I tried it with a few other lenses. It worked....I decided to give the 100WR a try....the rest is history.

See.....your fault (and we're not even doing a Kevin Bacon here).....simple linear causality.

R

jonoslack

I was at an orchid show in the spring and heard a sound akin to a cordless drill running out of battery.
:ROTFL:

I really must remember that one - it's almost as good as the person talking about the shutter noise of a Canon 5d: to whit: like someone stamping on a tin can