The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Pentax K5

ecsh

Bart
The goose is spectacular, but i wonder what was on his mind at this time?
My wife sometimes makes this face, and i turn and run, LOL.
Joe

Knorp

Sorry Jono and thanks for the warning: being a city-dweller I'm not familiar with geese customs, I thought it was alright :eek:

:OT:
But I'll tell you what: my 'problem' is that I keep my cameras in plastic sandwich bags. Keep them nice and clean.
Now the very moment I start taking the camera out of the bag, you'll hear this rustling (?) noise.
And that rustling noise attracts all kind of animals, I suppose they associate the noise with food, including dogs, ducks, cows, horses and now geese.

Last winter I had some 'hairy' moments with Scottish Highland cattle.
It's good procedure, or so the signs read, to keep a safe distance of about 25 mtr or so: they step towards you, you take a step back, et cetera.
Well what about sitting innocently on a bench and that bloody Highlander starts rushing towards me, stops at just 25 cm and starts licking my camera :eek: :wtf:
:SPAM:

Thanks & All the very best.

benroy

Subscriber Member
Very selective focus with the 300 of tips of philodendron leaves (aka: "elephant ears").

Roy Benson

Last edited:

Knorp

There's a lot of fine detail in those leaves to be found.
The crop shows it clearly.
Pretty good lens, Roy.

Kind regards.

Knorp

Now I like the DA*200 a lot, but sometimes there is only room, no way to step back, for head shots or too tight framing.
A bit of zoom would be nice in those circumstances.
Anyway, see for yourselves: from an evening walk through the polder.

Thanks for viewing.

Last edited:

benroy

Subscriber Member
Bart: .I had to find out what a "polder" is (went to Google) before reacting to your images. Images are fine, especially the two geese pics, and the nursing lamb with mom. I know the feeling of running out of room and backing into a pile of cowflap. Will the 50-135 do the trick? Or do you need to go wider AND longer (like Malc's Bigma)?

Roy Benson

JMaher

Roy, I had the same question and had to look it up as well. For others who live in the US and have no idea:
a tract of low land (as in the Netherlands) reclaimed from a body of water (as the sea).

Pictures are good and I understand the issue about fixed lens and distance. I even feel this way sometimes with the 70 when i can't back up far enough. Primes are great but zooms do provide great flexibility.

Jim

benroy

Subscriber Member
Not much action on this thread lately, so risking "kicking a dead horse", here's some more 300 pics close up...minimum focus: 7 ft.

I really like this lens...please forgive me for wanting to show it off.

Roy Benson

Last edited:

Knorp

Not much action on this thread lately, so risking "kicking a dead horse", here's some more 300 pics close up...minimum focus: 7 ft.

I really like this lens...please forgive me for wanting to show it off.

Roy Benson

Really love those details and I can imagine you like shooting this lens, like I enjoy shooting my 200.
I'd say: keep them coming and keep showing off, Roy :D

All the very best.

jonoslack

Really love those details and I can imagine you like shooting this lens, like I enjoy shooting my 200.
I'd say: keep them coming and keep showing off, Roy :D

All the very best.
I'd say that as well - lovely shots both of you.

Keep 'em coming - I'll be back here soon, but just a bit busy right now.

Here is a rose with the 100 WR in the meantime:

Knorp

I'd say that as well - lovely shots both of you.

Keep 'em coming - I'll be back here soon, but just a bit busy right now.

Here is a rose with the 100 WR in the meantime:

That's a lovely shot with sweet details, Jono. I'm a sucker for rain or dew drops.
We had a bit of rain too, but unfortunately :)confused:) I wasn't able to take the Pentax out.

Ahum, most of the time when you say you're busy, you're testing something ... :toocool:
But if you're really busy working, well take care and get a break now and then.

All the very best.

benroy

Subscriber Member
Thanks, Bart and Jono...I appreciate the encouraging comments.

Jono: I have a photographic "sweet tooth" for dewy flowers...in turn, keep them coming!

Roy Benson

benroy

Subscriber Member
Walking the dog...early AM... with the 35 macro...a very flexible lens, as you'll see in these examples...very sharp from extreme close up (root...the closer you look at the root, the more detail you will see) to 60 ft. away (tree).

The flower: bougainvillea (beautiful color but formidable thorns)...the palm: palmetto

Roy Benson

Last edited:
Something a little different...

Taken with the K5 and DA 35 macro

Saved these from the wife's birthday in April... let them die and dry then shot in a cluster.
Indirect light from a nearby window shot on the kitchen table.

benroy

Subscriber Member
Jim: marvelous picture of faded roses...beautiful lighting.

Woody: glad to see you back in action...how is the back, by the way?

Roy Benson

Paratom

Walking the dog...early AM... with the 35 macro...a very flexible lens, as you'll see in these examples...very sharp from extreme close up (root...the closer you look at the root, the more detail you will see) to 60 ft. away (tree).

The flower: bougainvillea (beautiful color but formidable thorns)...the palm: palmetto

Roy Benson
The 35Macro has become my standard lens on the K5.
Now I even find my X1 35mm FOV to wide for many things.

Second most used lens would be the 50-135 and then third 21mm (I dont like its distorsion though).

If I didnt have the 35Macro I would probably allready have sold the K5.

woodyspedden

Jim: marvelous picture of faded roses...beautiful lighting.

Woody: glad to see you back in action...how is the back, by the way?

Roy Benson
Hi Roy

The back is healing nicely thanks for asking. Expect to be fully back in the field in a week or so.

Best

Woody