The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Pentax K5

benroy

Subscriber Member
Using the 70/2.8 Sigma macro lens with the K-5...a series of pics on fallen oleander blossoms.

Roy Benson

BTW: coming after Jono's steam engine series makes this set (and more to come) a very hard act to follow.

Last edited:

benroy

Subscriber Member
Another set with the 70/2.8 macro and K-5...same day, time as oleanders.

Pic #!: edge of croton leaf...pic #2: the "shroud" of Boca Raton...Pic #3: rusty screw in kid's cart...pic #4: weed in pebbles but shot for very strong 3 dimensional effect.

Roy Benson

Last edited:

benroy

Subscriber Member
Last set of Sigma 70/2.8 macro with K-5: thorny, prickly, spiny stuff...same day, time as previous two.

Roy Benson

Last edited:

m3photo

Yep, nice machine :)

K-5+DA 21mm f/3.2 1/320@f/8 ISO100

As shot; DNG, default values in ACR, cropped to 1000 by 666 pixels and jpegged for forum.

tsjanik

Well, I ordered a K-5 today and I blame this expense entirely on this thread. It has been, and I use a term I learned on another thread, enabling. I hope to show you some good images.

Thanks, (I think)

Tom

ecsh

You should be thoroughly pleased. Quite frankly, we all just blame Jono for this, LOL. Do you have len's already, or did you order with the kit lens?
Joe

Rich M

Well, I ordered a K-5 today and I blame this expense entirely on this thread. It has been, and I use a term I learned on another thread, enabling. I hope to show you some good images.

Thanks, (I think)

Tom
You should be thoroughly pleased. Quite frankly, we all just blame Jono for this, LOL.
Joe
Welcome Tom. Yes.....Jono is perhaps solely responsible for the current spike in the Japanese GDP.

R

benroy

Subscriber Member
Michael: I wish my first shots out of a new camera were as nice as this one...looking forward to seeing many more...great pics, that is...not new cameras.

Rich: Jeepers! that's a nice shot with the yellow plane and the rolling scenery below...new lens?

scho

The Fat Controller judging the heavy horses:
More great shots Jono. Love the rambler image.
Carl: what really makes my toes tingle in the great blue heron pic is the ISO 3200...that's really something! Would never have guessed if you hadn't mentioned it.
Roy Benson
Thanks Roy. Yes, ISO 3200 is often quite useful and acceptable with the K5.
Another set with the 70/2.8 macro and K-5...same day, time as oleanders.
Roy Benson
Roy, Great detail and color in this series with the 70 macro
Yep, nice machine :)
K-5+DA 21mm f/3.2 1/320@f/8 ISO100
As shot; DNG, default values in ACR, cropped to 1000 by 666 pixels and jpegged for forum.
Very Nice Michael and congrats for the newly acquired K5. The 21 is a great little walk about lens.
BIF........biplanes, that is....;)
Shot with a Sigma 100-300 EX APO at 300mm.
R
Nice shot Rich. Were you following in another biplane?

Rich M

Nice shot Rich. Were you following in another biplane?
..... nice shot with the yellow plane and the rolling scenery below...new lens?
Thanks Roy, Ben and Carl......

Yes.....a new lens....

http://www.pentaxforums.com/userreviews/Sigma-APO-100-300mm-F4-EX-DG-AF-Lens-for-Pentax.html

I had been waiting for one for quite a while and it finally popped up.....a week after I picked up a used DA* 60-250.....always happens that way. It's pretty large.....fast focusing.....not as saturated colors/contrasty as the Pentax. I have yet to figure out if it requires any microadjustment. Hopefully this weekend I'll get some head-to-head comparisons.

It was shot from the edge of a butte looking down....or rather across at the biplane (although following it in another biplane is a MUCH better story). :)

R

neilvan

@ALL - Thanks for your comments, they are appreciated. I need to visit here more often obviously to keep up with things!

@ Rich - Great photo of the bi-plane, love the rolling hills as a backdrop.

neilvan

Visited New Westminster, BC the other day, it is one of the older towns (if not the oldest) in Western Canada.

70mm Ltd.

70mm Ltd.

100mm WR

benroy

Subscriber Member
Dead leaves with the 77/K-5 in open shade (or even more subdued lighting)..close to wide open at 1/400 and ISO 400...sharp focus on individual leaf using manual focus...too many distracting elements around the leaf causing the AF to hunt...there has been some cropping of these distracting elements where possible. Very impressed with the wide open sharpness of this lens.

Roy Benson

Last edited: