The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Pentax K5

scho

That's very nice, Carl...where's Thumper, by the way?

Roy Benson
Thanks Roy. We have lots of "thumpers" around as well.
Carl, very nice, wide open? The 55-300mm is really a very good lens.
I can only assume that you do not have a garden or a very effective electric fence around same.
Tom
Thanks Tom. I use the 55-300 wide open most of the time. The lens is loud and slow to focus, but I have no complaints about the optical qualities. We do have a garden and my wife is constantly battling with the deer using fences, netting, and god awful smelling sprays.
Very nice Carl.....so sharp, and the high ISO looks great.

R
Thanks Rich. High ISO performance of the K5 continues to amaze me.

scho

I've posted a few photos over the last several weeks using the Sigma APO 100-300/4 lens. I've been pretty pleased with the results, but still felt that I wished it could be a little longer.

Here's a shot (nothing real special) from yesterday (uncropped):

260mm......1/400 @f/5.6......ISO400

What's different about this photo is that I used the Sigma 1.4x DG EX teleconverter with it. That means the effective focal length is 1.5 x 260 x 1.4 = 550mm.

Here's a 1:1 crop:

I feel this combination will cover a fairly wide focal length (155-630mm) in a kit that is still lighter and much more compact than an equivalent dSLR combo.

The lens combo focuses very quickly and accurately.

R
Very sharp Rich. Looks like a nice combo for action shots. My slow 55-300 would struggle with shots like this.

benroy

Subscriber Member
GUTTERSNAPS: heavy rains the last few days have left the gutters filled with debris...providing some interesting images (IMO) in very pleasing light...100 WR macro/K-5.

Roy Benson

Last edited:

scho

GUTTERSNAPS: heavy rains the last few days have left the gutters filled with debris...providing some interesting images (IMO) in very pleasing light...100 WR macro/K-5.
Roy Benson
Roy,
Very nice detail and color with those 100mm macro shots.
Murder Mystery dinner on a train ride in Ft Myers. Surprise celebration for my birthday.
K5 - 50 1.7
Jim
Jim,

Lovely portrait from the murder mystery ride.
FA 31 developed in Capture One
Ario,
Very nice landscape shot of the mountain range.

scho

An older shot from last spring in San Juan that I recently converted to B&W using Silverefex LR3 plugin. DA 15mm limited on K5.

B

bareidos

Hello guys,
As a proud new owner of k5, it was impossible not to bump into this thread, so i had to register and read/enjoy the pictures through it.

I have gotten some inspiration, and i hope i can return some as well.

Here is a picture taken with k5 pancake 40mm outside one of Gaudis houses in BCN, the street right next to where i live :) Look at the sharpness.

The only modifications is darker exposure.

ashwinrao1

I've posted a few photos over the last several weeks using the Sigma APO 100-300/4 lens. I've been pretty pleased with the results, but still felt that I wished it could be a little longer.

Here's a shot (nothing real special) from yesterday (uncropped):

260mm......1/400 @f/5.6......ISO400

What's different about this photo is that I used the Sigma 1.4x DG EX teleconverter with it. That means the effective focal length is 1.5 x 260 x 1.4 = 550mm.

Here's a 1:1 crop:

I feel this combination will cover a fairly wide focal length (155-630mm) in a kit that is still lighter and much more compact than an equivalent dSLR combo.

The lens combo focuses very quickly and accurately.

R
Wow, rich this is a startlingly great cap of some Kit boarding

PenSon

My first post her so one picture with DA*200 and on with DA*300 on a K-5.
The pictures are cropped.

DA*200

DA*300

Trygve
Pentax and Sony equipment