The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Pentax K5

Knorp

That's pretty good in my book for an ISO 5000 shot, Ario !
The K5 does a really good job at 'higher' ISO values.

Kind regards.

JMaher

For ISO 5000 it is really an excellent shot. I have to agree - the K5 is really great at high ISO vales.

Jim

Last edited:

JMaher

The storm was on it's way and hit hard a few hours later. The Don CeSar is a beautiful old hotel in St Pete Beach, Fl.

While we have stayed there on a special occasion we were a few blocks down the beach in a much more reasonable motel. However, one that shares the same beach and has a fantastic beach bar and grill.
Jim

vincechu

Great images all, love the Cantonese opera singers and the one of the water lily/flower.

Some of the photos are making me wish I didn't sell my FA limited now :'( lol

Knorp

Yes Vladimir, having fun with your K5 and ... what lens ?
:ROTFL:

Just kidding of course, excellent portraits of a charming young lady. Well done.
Your GF ?

All the very best.

VladimirYo

Yes Vladimir, having fun with your K5 and ... what lens ? :ROTFL:
Just kidding of course, excellent portraits of a charming young lady. Well done.
Your GF ?
All the very best.
Sorry my English but what is GF :)

Lens was FA 43

BTW
Somebody point out that effect when object looks like it was cut and than place on a background is not pleased to look at. But I like it.

Knorp

Sorry my English but what is GF :)

Lens was FA 43

BTW
Somebody point out that effect when object looks like it was cut and than place on a background is not pleased to look at. But I like it.
Separating your subject from the background can be very effective.
Nothing wrong with that.
All you need is a (fast) lens with smooth OOF rendering and your FA43 seems to be such lens.

GF = GirlFriend ;)

Kind regards.

benroy

Subscriber Member
Out on the dawn patrol with dog and 77 FA...recording minutia this AM...whatta lens!

Roy Benson

Last edited:

Knorp

Out on the dawn patrol with dog and 77 FA...recording minutia this AM...whatta lens!

Roy Benson
Hi there Roy,

Yep that FA77 is a sharp and snappy lens.
I like the last one: but surely it's not from India ?

Kind regards.

Knorp

Shall I trust you?

That's pretty good at 1/13th of a second, Peter !
A very nice cat portrait: I like cats but unfortunately I'm highly allergic to cats.
They perhaps don't trust me, I certainly don't trust them ... :(

All the very best.

Knorp

First chance i had to get out in awhile, just some happy people snaps in very harsh light.
Joe
Hi Joe,

good portraits, hope you'll find some more time to "stretch" your K5.
What lens were you using ?

:OT: I feel sorry for that bearded guy, though.
He seems to have had too much harsh light and is not happy about it !
:ROTFL: (sorry :eek:)

All the very best.