The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Pentax K5

ecsh

The pine cones are very nice. I have this lens as well, but have not really used it. I must go for a day with just that lens. My 77 and 43 have been my favorites.
Joe

PenSon

@Knorp -Nice pictures with your DA*200 :)

Was out in the garden today with DA*300 (almost macro with some cropping)

benroy

Subscriber Member
Trygve: very fine macro shots...you and Bart have pretty much cornered the market...and deservedly so...how much of a crop?

Roy Benson

Knorp

@Knorp -Nice pictures with your DA*200 :)

Was out in the garden today with DA*300 (almost macro with some cropping)

At least its performance seems to be high and very consistent right from f/4.0,
whereas the DA*200 has its peak performance around f/5.6-f/8.0

All the very best.

benroy

Subscriber Member
I agree with Bart 200 vis-a-vis 300... 300's softer backgrounds promote extra punch for the sharp foreground images...does this make sense? My 200, sharp as it is, gets lots less use since the arrival of the 300.

Roy Benson

Last edited:

PenSon

I agree with Bart 200 vis-a-vis 300... 300's softer backgrounds promote extra punch for the sharp foreground images...does this make sense? My 200, sharp as it is, gets lots less use since the arrival of the 300.

Roy Benson
btw. The last picture in my 4 pictures post was shot with DA*200

Knorp

Brr, it looks like we're having an early autumn here; cold, rainy and windy.
I hope for you guys it's better where you are.

benroy

Subscriber Member
Beautiful images, Bart...especially like the last two.
Weather here (South Florida) hot and steamy, but not as bad as New York and Boston.

Roy Benson

ecsh

Love the third image Bart. Nice detail.
103 degrees yesterday, but it has cooled down to 92 today, LOL.
Joe

JMaher

Not anywhere near as sharp as the last few posted on here but a quick shot of a great singer I saw last night. Difficult lighting but the Pentax did a good job. Even better, I had the K5 with me which would not have been the case with my Canon system.

Jim

Knorp

Not anywhere near as sharp as the last few posted on here but a quick shot of a great singer I saw last night. Difficult lighting but the Pentax did a good job. Even better, I had the K5 with me which would not have been the case with my Canon system.

Jim
Hi Jim,

that's difficult light indeed, but the K5 (and you of course) handled it very well :thumbup:
Do you happen to have any "bokeh" shots @1.7 with that 50/1.7 ?

Sure the K5-body is compact, but IMO it's really all down to the lens, I still consider my 16-50 huge ...
So it's the primes and in particular the pancakes that make for the system's compactness.

:OT: For some reason I've not taken a lot of people pictures, mainly close-ups, nature, et cetera.
But I've to try hard to turn that around ... :eek:

All the very best.