The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Pentax K5

Knorp

Around a small lake today with DA*300 on K-5.
+ one that wanted be in the camera bag
Hi there Trygve,

what a fine lens that 300: excellent series of that dragonfly and gorgeous colours.
But the little lizard makes my day :thumbup:

All the very best.

Knorp

Solved my tele lens quest for the moment with a 1.7x teleconverter.
Result: 200x1.7x1.5=510mm :toocool:

No cropping !

DavidL

Hand held stitched pano's with the 21 Limited. I really should use a tripod and my pano head but I'm getting by without. Laziness, when out walking is my excuse. These are in early stages of preparation and still need a bit of colour adjustment.
I'm really liking this lens and combined with the 70 Limited is a great combination. I recently added the 40mm f2.8 as a halfway house.
Must confess all the 200mm and 300mm shots by Knorp and RichM are getting my old wildlife fingers twitching.
David

Last edited:

Terry

Rich M - the Rhino shot is fantastic. Cool that color of the vegetation seems so right for the shot. Blyde River Canyon you looked pretty darn close to the edge!

jonoslack

So many good shots - Rich; lovely wildlife
Trygve - excellent shots - Bart, the water boatman is superb and so are the other close-ups.
David . . . where where you in Cornwall, I'm with you . . . but not quite!

neilvan

Love that Rhino photo Rich, well done!

A few recent favourites of mine...

My eyes seem to prefer the B&W version of this little kitty...(colour version here: LINK)

FA 50mm f1.4, f3.5 @ 1/100th, ISO400

His cute little brother:

FA 50mm f1.4, f2.2 @ 1/100th, ISO160

And finally, their adorable (and tiny) mother:

70mm LTD, f2.8 @ 1/125th, ISO400

Sapphie

Neil

What can I say? I fall for cats every time but these are great, especially spooky, 'batty' cat number 1 (he is going to be big trouble)!

Lee

neilvan

That's funny Lee. They were skittish farm cats and didn't like to be approached at all.

Cat #1 was different than the rest, he walked up to me and liked to be held...very unique cats they were. A lot different from the 14-pound big sucky cat (Angus) I have at home!

DavidL

jonoslack; David . . . where where you in Cornwall said:
We were down on the Lizard Peninsula, as ever. The harbour is Mullion Cove and the "Cornish Yaks" were Kynance. Back in Devon now and off on Adder watch tomorrow.
Still liking the K5 and starting to yearn for a 300mm
David

raist3d

Fantastic light & tones in those shots Rich. I wish there were less plants in the middle in the 2nd shot but still.

- Raist

Knorp

Hand held stitched pano's with the 21 Limited. I really should use a tripod and my pano head but I'm getting by without. Laziness, when out walking is my excuse. These are in early stages of preparation and still need a bit of colour adjustment.
I'm really liking this lens and combined with the 70 Limited is a great combination. I recently added the 40mm f2.8 as a halfway house.
Must confess all the 200mm and 300mm shots by Knorp and RichM are getting my old wildlife fingers twitching.
David
Very fine panos, David.

All the best.