The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Pentax K5

Rich M

Your 100-300mm interests me greatly,I had always aspired to the pentax 60-250mm to replace my smc100-300mm(outresolved and generaly sub par on the k5) and have seen some cracking shots from it,however the lack of a 1.4 teleconvertor(i cant believe Pentax dont think its worth making one)and the old 1.7 adapter being like hens teeth to find! have me looking elsewhere!
Malcolm......the disappointing (and expensive) foray for me was to have the DA*60-250 and finally find a FA 1.7 T/C. YIPPEE!!!!

EXCEPT the combo didn't work!!! :eek: :mad: :(

So that's how I ended up with the Sigma 100-300.....and am happier for that.

R

B

BG4ever

Hey Jim, Thanx
actually I'm using the kit-lens 18-135mm, the only I have.
I think this lens is not bad at all! :)

MalcolmP

Bart,thanks very much!
Where do you guys find those old 1.7 tc's?,they run and hide whenever I look for one:ROTFL:
Roy,thanks for the kind words:thumbup:
Have you paid the ransom yet?I would say be brave and brutal with it(I looked up the spec and it says accurately made of brass,obviously not!!:thumbdown:) but like you I can brake anything with my carpenters hands(and if I cant I have lots of hammers:angry:)
Jim,thank you.
Rich,cheers!
and thanks for the 60-250 and 100-300mm info.Puts flesh on my thoughts and the 100-300 on my list.
BG4ever,hello and enjoy your k5,a wise buy imho.Good shots:)

Vladimir,good shot. well balanced composition and interesting. As Roy said,atmospheric!I like the lady's arm in the air,it makes the shot imho.The vignette is fine for my tastes.The blue type tone P/P? if my eyes and monitor are right? is a bit too saturated for my tastes(or lack of it:)) Nonetheless better than most of my humble offerings:)
Kind regards
Malcolm

ashwinrao1

IT's been a long time since I wandered over, but I have been using the K5 regularly....though the M9 consumes most of my time....

Mainly FA lenses...

tsjanik

Really just for fun; taken by my wife with a 55-300mm. I’ve heard of a metaphorical “monkey on your back”, but never a literal one. Poor kid, and presumably put there by his parents.

Tom

DavidL

Rare site in the UK. Male adder protecting his female. 50-135 f2.8 @f8 should have been f11 but I was to concerned about camera shake. If I'd had time I'd have given it a go. Just wonderful to see as this is a declining species and now there may be some little ones arriving next year.

Knorp

IT's been a long time since I wandered over, but I have been using the K5 regularly....though the M9 consumes most of my time....

Mainly FA lenses...

What a sweet series, Ashwin. This one's my favorite.
I've got the 77, but boy that 31 looks very very tempting. Got to keep telling myself I just shouldn't ... :deadhorse: :loco:

All the very best.

Knorp

Really just for fun; taken by my wife with a 55-300mm. I’ve heard of a metaphorical “monkey on your back”, but never a literal one. Poor kid, and presumably put there by his parents.

Tom
A sturdy little fellow and really really funny with that monkey on his back clinging on for dear life ... :ROTFL:
Well seen and shot by your wife, Tom.

Btw - isn't the phrase: "a monkey on your shoulder" ?

Kind regards.

Knorp

Rare site in the UK. Male adder protecting his female. 50-135 f2.8 @f8 should have been f11 but I was to concerned about camera shake. If I'd had time I'd have given it a go. Just wonderful to see as this is a declining species and now there may be some little ones arriving next year.
Excellent find, David. They're lovely creatures, although a bit frightening :eek:
I've never come across snakes here in Europe, but had a close encounter once with an Egyptian cobra in SA (probably lost I'd say, but I was told so by a biologist).

Question: why would you have liked to shoot at f11 ? Pure DOF ?

Thank you and kind regards.

Knorp

Well that's it for now, I'm off to Prague for a week.
Driving all the way from Amsterdam (890 Km), heavily relying on you know what satnav :D

But no K5 ... sorry chaps :eek:

DavidL

Excellent find, David. They're lovely creatures, although a bit frightening :eek:
I've never come across snakes here in Europe, but had a close encounter once with an Egyptian cobra in SA (probably lost I'd say, but I was told so by a biologist).

Question: why would you have liked to shoot at f11 ? Pure DOF ?

Thank you and kind regards.
Yes DOF just to get the other snake head in focus. Initially I couldn't see it.
Thanks
David

tsjanik

Thanks Knorp; enjoy your travels. Here (US) the phrase is "monkey on your back", and refers to some significant problem.

55-300mm. Swallowtails going through a mating ritual.

Last edited:

Cooler

Hello, guys! I was in Russia about the week and made a lot of photos there! Great opportunity for testing my k-5! :)

by 43lim:

Last edited:

Cooler

Where are photos? Can not see any pic, sorry...
Sorry, something happened, when i uploaded images. Check it again, it has to be ok now.

Ps. i don't know how to upload image to this forum and add to the message (without preview, like ashwinrao1 did this), could you tell me how to do this?

DavidL

No matter how I tried to impress this dog he wouldn't Bite" I don't usually do dogs so maybe he picked up on that. out on a walk with 40mm limited

Knorp

@Tom: lovely shot of those swallowtails.

@David: next time try this - "meow" :p

@Bogdan: you captured some very fine detail in that lock shot, but it was the blue flower in your previous series that I like best.

All the very best.

Knorp

Ps. i don't know how to upload image to this forum and add to the message (without preview, like ashwinrao1 did this), could you tell me how to do this?
Hi Bogdan, you mean something like this ?

Then you have to upload your images to some sort of web disk.
At least, that's how I do it.

Kind regards.