The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Pentax K5

Knorp

Bart.....nice pic. How is your road trip coming along (and why no K-5??) ??

R
Hohoho Rich, it's not my pic at all ! It's Bogdan's (Cooler).
Crikey, I wouldn't dare showing off with other's feathers ... :eek:

I'm back from a very hot and very sweaty trip to Prague.
But what a beautiful and interesting city, highly recommended for a great shoot out !
Not the K5, because I opted for the M9 ... :eek:

Kind regards.

Rich M

Hohoho Rich, it's not my pic at all ! It's Bogdan's (Cooler).

Oh jeez......:eek::eek::eek: Sorry Cooler.......my bad......nice pic.

I'm back from a very hot and very sweaty trip to Prague.
But what a beautiful and interesting city, highly recommended for a great shoot out !
Not the K5, because I opted for the M9 ... :eek:
Hot, sweaty Prague........and an M9.........great combo.

R

benroy

Subscriber Member
Lovely thistle pic, Bart. Hot and sweaty is the norm in my neck of the woods. Are you going to post some M9/Prague pics on the Leica forum?

Roy Benson

Cooler

Oh jeez......:eek::eek::eek: Sorry Cooler.......my bad......nice pic.

Hot, sweaty Prague........and an M9.........great combo.

R
:) hah, yep, i like this pic too!

@Knorp, thanks for explanation. I'll try to find good web disk, where url link will be forever.

Knorp

:) hah, yep, i like this pic too!

@Knorp, thanks for explanation. I'll try to find good web disk, where url link will be forever.
Hi there Bogdan,

another fine series with exceptional detail in that first shot with the church domes (?).
Also I find the colours very lively.
Perhaps I've missed it, but are these shots with the FA43 ?

Btw you seem to have a great companion in that dog !

Oh and my apologies for causing confusion here regarding that flower shot ... :eek:
All the very best.

Knorp

Lovely thistle pic, Bart. Hot and sweaty is the norm in my neck of the woods. Are you going to post some M9/Prague pics on the Leica forum?

Roy Benson
Hi there Roy,

As mentioned in one of my previous posts, the thistle is Bogdan's (Cooler).

But how's your 645D venture going on ?
I read this recently on the Pentax User forum, it must be one heck of a camera !

This year's EISA European Professional Camera Of The Year Award has gone to the Pentax 645D.

The medium format DSLR, launched in the UK in September 2010, won through its superb image quality, reliability and great operability. This is its third award.

EISA president Jorge Goncalves said “The 645D is a joy to use in the field, and although it is big and somewhat heavy, its ergonomic grip, large viewfinder, fast and accurate autofocus, and well-made controls make it perfectly usable without a tripod. With its 33x44mm, 40-million-pixel, Kodak CCD-sensor it is a landscape photographer’s dream, creating absolutely stunningly sharp and detailed pictures with very attractive colours and a huge dynamic range.”

EISA, (The European Imaging And Sound Association), comprises of 50 leading magazines. It awards outstanding products released in Europe in the previous year.

Sorry, but no I'm not going to post my Prague shots here, they're way too touristic and certainly not artsy enough ... :rolleyes: ;)

All the very best.

Knorp

Had a surprisingly close encounter with a rather relaxed fox yesterday.
Actually it came so close I couldn't get focus !
As people feed them, they became pretty tame, but still a remarkable sight in my book.

Cooler

Hi there Bogdan,

another fine series with exceptional detail in that first shot with the church domes (?).
Also I find the colours very lively.
Perhaps I've missed it, but are these shots with the FA43 ?

Btw you seem to have a great companion in that dog !

Oh and my apologies for causing confusion here regarding that flower shot ... :eek:
All the very best.
Hello there! Yes , it's Church of the Transfiguration in Russia (Suzdal city).
All photos were made by 43lim and 100mm macro WR (macro photo i will add later)! This dog was the best my friend in this trip)) It so likes walk and play!

Ps. your fox is amazing! very sharp and beautiful. Could you tell me more about the teleconverter?

by 43lim:

DavidL

Had a surprisingly close encounter with a rather relaxed fox yesterday.
Actually it came so close I couldn't get focus !
As people feed them, they became pretty tame, but still a remarkable sight in my book.

Great close up and colours. looks like you were using flash and this fox was a "Blinker";)

Knorp

Hello there! Yes , it's Church of the Transfiguration in Russia (Suzdal city).
All photos were made by 43lim and 100mm macro WR (macro photo i will add later)! This dog was the best my friend in this trip)) It so likes walk and play!

Ps. your fox is amazing! very sharp and beautiful. Could you tell me more about the teleconverter?

by 43lim:
Hi there Bogdan,

Really like the goats and that bee shot :thumbup:
It's the 1,7x teleconverter from Pentax I'm using.
These are pretty rare (or so I'm told) and consequently rather expensive.
Mine is near mint condition and I paid €349 for it.

Kind regards.

Knorp

Great close up and colours. looks like you were using flash and this fox was a "Blinker";)
Hi David,

thanks and you're right: this specimen was a 'blinker".
Could be the sharp sky or the sun's glare, but certainly not me using flash !

All the best.

Cooler

Hi there Bogdan,

Really like the goats and that bee shot :thumbup:
It's the 1,7x teleconverter from Pentax I'm using.
These are pretty rare (or so I'm told) and consequently rather expensive.
Mine is near mint condition and I paid €349 for it.

Kind regards.
Hello!
Is this Pentax teleconverter or from another company?

DFA 100mm macro WR:

benroy

Subscriber Member
I don't think I can compete with Bogdan's berries and basilicas, and Bart's fox and bees, but I've been playing with abstractions for years and got into a run this afternoon with the frayed edges of palm fronds...I know this is not everyone's cuppa tea, but...while they are still seething, simmering, swinging and swirling in my head...here are a few: 50-135/K5 in very harsh late afternoon sun.

Roy Benson

Last edited:

Knorp

@Bogdan (Cooler): excellent close-ups: I like the berries a lot for red is such a difficult color to capture.
And yes it's the Pentax 1,7x T/C, now other brands (Kenko, Sigma, Vivitar, Tamron) may work too, but please see a good camera shop first and get sound advice before purchasing !

@Roy: the palms and the crotons surely make for intriguing abstractions !

All the very best.