The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Pentax K5

Cooler

Thanks, Bart! Now i'm trying to decide what to buy, DA*200 or 300. Both of them so beautiful lenses, but i need only one :) So thought, maybe i could use 200mm+1,7x when i would need this...

And few photos from DFA 100 macro WR:

ashwinrao1

Lovely posts here!

Bart, the B&W you posted is lovely...love the tones. Nice chance encounter with the calm fox...

Cooler, lovely macros and set above as well!

ashwinrao1

A few from today's College Football game (UW FB) here in Seattle...

Mainly the 200 DA with a few 77 FA's thrown in....

Last edited:

Knorp

@Bogdan (Cooler): really high IQ shots like in the "goat's head" and "dangling caterpillar" :salute:

@Ashwin: wonderful action shot series with amazing detail and I love the low camera shots :thumbs:

All the very best.

ashwinrao1

Thanks, Bart, Rich & Bogdan...As for the 300, I simply didn't have it on hand...though I'd love to get one for such activites as these. Usually, 300 mm (Given the crop factor) is enough reach for me....and I like the faster 2.8 aperture, though in bright day light, f4 would be great. The 300 is one of the next lenses on my list....;)

Rich, so sorry about the loss (for you...). I'm happy that our guys won, and it was a hard fought game....

Re: Black & White Fun with the Pentax K5

While cleaning out some old boxes in the garage I came across these two old razors from the 1920s.. made of brass, of course. Something I picked up years ago in some flea market somewhere. Made for a good photo years after their primary use had long been abandoned. But the two blades in the tin had never been used and I'd bet one could still get a few good shaves out of them today. Taken with the K5 and DA 35mm macro.

Rich M

While cleaning out some old boxes in the garage I came across these two old razors from the 1920s..
Jim......so nice......

Glad to see you got your K-5 back. My mirror is flopping.....just once in a while, so I am living with it.....for now. I notice it's the fully charged battery, but seems exacerbated when it's really hot out.

Never gets hot down there......right?

R

DavidL

Thanks, Bart! Now i'm trying to decide what to buy, DA*200 or 300. Both of them so beautiful lenses, but i need only one :) So thought, maybe i could use 200mm+1,7x when i would need this...

And few photos from DFA 100 macro WR:
"My cousin caterpillar has great changes coming
One day he'll wake with wings"

Sorry just came into my head. I'm also torn between the 200 and 300 "Where others see their targets divine symmetry"

That's enough from me today:loco:
David

benroy

Subscriber Member
Jim: that pic of the razors has the finest, richest black and white rendering that I have seen in a long time, internet or published...beautiful!

Roy Benson

Jim: that pic of the razors has the finest, richest black and white rendering that I have seen in a long time, internet or published...beautiful!

Roy Benson
Thanks, Roy... it was shot out of boredom last night while I was playing with the K5 and the 35 macro... I have hardly touched that lens since I bought it and thought I would play a bit. Conversion was in Photoshop CS5 using the BW adjustment layer.. a very good tool for B&W.

Jim......so nice......

Glad to see you got your K-5 back. My mirror is flopping.....just once in a while, so I am living with it.....for now. I notice it's the fully charged battery, but seems exacerbated when it's really hot out.

Never gets hot down there......right?

R
If I were you, I would send it in for repair.. it will not get better on its own. My started off with just a few flops but it does progress unless you get it repaired. I just wish the repair center would actually explain what is causing it and what steps they took to repair it.

Cooler

Hello everyone! Today i made some interesting pic in B&W. This style is new for me, because i love pentax colors and 99% of my photos are in color.

by 43lim: