The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Pentax K5

raist3d

Haven't used my K-5 in a bit of a while. I was checking out the 50-135 and the AF surprised me. Fairly fast, spot on. Near all the following shots have been cropped:

- Raist

PS: Last image updated with a smaller one.

Knorp

Now I could be wrong but I think they're munching something really hot ... :LOL:
You captured a funny moment, Ricardo. Well done !

Kind regards.

Taken with the K5 and the DA* 16-50.

I never shoot brick walls for test shots... I only shoot them when they have some character and good light.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Hello Jorgen,

it's the FA-77 Limited in chrome. For some reason I can't understand, my C1 EXIFs do show the focal lengths but not the description of the lenses.

Thank you and kind regards.
That was what I suspected. That lens keeps haunting me. Should I buy a K5 just for that lens :confused:

jonoslack

Hi Jorgen
you absolutely should buy a K5 just for that excellent lens!
Jim, Ricardo, Bart - such good shots - perhaps if I got another K5 I could do as well:ROTFL:

I particularly like the train shot Jim . . . and the Guy walking and looking Ricardo (excellent). Bart, you're artichoke head with the lovely rythmn of the second head is really fine - excellent.

all the best

Knorp

A bit of close-up&macro, though not very convincing, I'm afraid ... :eek:

| apo-macro-elmarit-r 1:2.8/100mm |

BB King concert shot with the K5 and DA* 50-135

Took this one tonight of BB King in concert in Fort Worth, Texas.
K5 and DA* 50-135 1/200s f/5.0 ISO 1600

Rich M

Jim.....you are the best concert photographer.....IMO bar none. Another wonderful capture.

Oh.....and do you think we'll look as good as BB at 86? I don't think I will.

R

Jim.....you are the best concert photographer.....IMO bar none. Another wonderful capture.

Oh.....and do you think we'll look as good as BB at 86? I don't think I will.

R
Thanks for the compliment but there are much better than me out there.. I was sitting next to a few of them.

BB looks good but sad to say, his show was not up to par. He, at times, looked and sounded a bit "out of it"... did not play nearly as much as he has in the past. I felt bad for him.

Knorp

Thanks for the compliment but there are much better than me out there.. I was sitting next to a few of them.
Hi Jim,

hope you don't mind me asking: but in what way were they "much better" ?
I really think you did a grand job here with the K5 and 50-135 :salute:

Too bad about BB King: such a great musician, perhaps somebody should tell him to retire ...

All the very best.

Hi Jim,

hope you don't mind me asking: but in what way were they "much better" ?
I really think you did a grand job here with the K5 and 50-135 :salute:

I've seen their work... I just think they are better than me... younger too.

Too bad about BB King: such a great musician, perhaps somebody should tell him to retire ...

Don't know what the deal was but he was "Off" Saturday night. Had I paid the $50 my seat would have cost I think I might have asked for some of it back. Less than a year ago he put on a great show but Saturday night was well below par.